• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root LG Optimus V Need Help Please

Virgin Mobile wont be able to help you, nor will sprint, for the simple fact that you rooted the phone.. it breaks any carriers ToS, your best bet would be trying the vendor from Amazon, or wait till someone comes up with a miracle cure for your phone.

I should of asked what wonshikee asked you, before I proceeded with the button presses.

Upvote 0
The only other option is to try to cram the Sprint firmware into it using Emergency Mode. You will lose MMS and phone and 3G, maybe. I think you can call VM and get your phone's Vitals like MIN, PRL Version, and MEID. Maybe.

You will have at least WiFi, if it works.

Do you want to give it a try?

EDIT: Try this http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...ing-ota-ls670vc-vd-using-kp500-diag-mode.html
or this http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...s/59781-un-brick-method-some-forms-brick.html

You want to use the ZV9 .cab file.

Upvote 0
Ok, try this, Download BACKside ROM here: BACKside-IHO-VM670-02192012.zip
and place it on your sd card (and make sure any other file is in a folder and that the .zip file you downloaded is the ONLY THING on the root of your sd card)
Boot into recovery
wait about 15 seconds..
press the Volume down button 2 times
press the camera button one time
press the Volume up button 4 times
press the camera button once
wait about 10-15 minutes (while it formats your phone)
press back button
press the volume down button 3 times
press the volume up button 4 times
wait 5sec (while it wipes the cache partition)
press back button
press the volume up button 2 times
press the volume down button once
press the camera button
press volume up 4 times
press the camera button
wait 5sec(while it wipes your dalvik cache)
press back button
press volume down 4 times
press camera button
press camera button
press volume up button 1 time (it is very important that only the BACKside-IHO-VM670-02192012.zip file, was the only file on the root of your sd card.)
press camera button
press volume up button 4 times
-press camera button once-
wait 10-15minutes(while it installs the BACKside Rom)
press back button
press camera button
hopefully this will install the BACKside rom for you.. if not, im not sure what to tell you.
Thank you so much! My lg optimus v would not load past the android screen followed this but nothing happened. Then I randomly started pressing buttons after the last step and it reloaded and now I have cyangon mod on my phone! And android 2.3! How do you download the virgin mobile apps back?

Upvote 0
Thank you so much! My lg optimus v would not load past the android screen followed this but nothing happened. Then I randomly started pressing buttons after the last step and it reloaded and now I have cyangon mod on my phone! And android 2.3! How do you download the virgin mobile apps back?

You could flash a stock rom, backup the apps, and restore them using titanium backup.

Upvote 0
Where do I download the stock rom from? Really just want google play working. Is there a stock gingerbread rom that has google play on it? Or do I have to install it manually?

Go back to the Backside thread. On the first post you will see a link for the gapps.zip, download that to your sd card, reboot into recovery, select install zip from sd card, scroll down to where have the gapps.zip. Select it, confirm it, reboot when it's done, enjoy. No need to wipe anything, or to return to stock.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones