• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root loaded glacier last night. phone gets hot and battery life cut short.

i rooted my phone and installed glacier 1.1 last night. so far, the phone runs a lot faster than it used to, but the battery life is draining a lot faster too. i understand there would be a trade off between processing power and battery life, but i was under the assumption that this rom just cleaned out the clutter and let it run smoother. i wasn't looking to overclock my phone or anything. does glacier 1.1 automatically overclock the phone as well or is there something else i'm not considering?

android version 2.2.1
kernel version 2.6.32.21gorrilla-oc-1.6ghx ok as i'm typing this i can clearly see it's an overclocked kernel that came on the rom.

assuming its the overclocking that is causing my symptoms, how do i just use the stock processing speed?

Well first of all you should download setCPU from the market. Learn to use that and set profiles so your battery doesn't drain so fast.
Why are you using an outdated version of the ROM? Version 1.1.4 is the newest and that's what you should've flashed.
I have no problems with overheating or shortened battery life on my end with the CPU set at 1.47 GHz when the screen's on and 400 MHz with the screen off.

Reactions: Rowski
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones