• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Long time customer switching from Sprint to Verizon and the HTC One M8

Regarding HTC Mail...I can always give that a try and see if it works like I want it to. Is it the stock app or available for download on the Play Store? If the latter, I didn't find it there. If the former, I already have an Email account from work set up through the "mail" app that came with the phone. Truthfully, I wasn't impressed at all with that.

Reactions: scotty85
Upvote 0
Regarding HTC Mail...I can always give that a try and see if it works like I want it to. Is it the stock app or available for download on the Play Store? If the latter, I didn't find it there. If the former, I already have an Email account from work set up through the "mail" app that came with the phone. Truthfully, I wasn't impressed at all with that.

HTC Mail is just called Mail.

I don't what protocol your work uses so I don't know if there's an advantage for you or not lol.

Reactions: scotty85
Upvote 0
Sorry to hear that. MD has many advanced features but most of them are hidden under menus. To be honest, I have never heard people call it complex and too cumbersome. All third party emails out there have a goal to enhance the stock mail client (because it is not great), some have more features than others (we are a bit overloaded), but if you want a basic no frills client, you can just use the stock, it does work.

If you want help or details with using MD, let me know.

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
Sorry to hear that. MD has many advanced features but most of them are hidden under menus. To be honest, I have never heard people call it complex and too cumbersome. All third party emails out there have a goal to enhance the stock mail client (because it is not great), some have more features than others (we are a bit overloaded), but if you want a basic no frills client, you can just use the stock, it does work.

If you want help or details with using MD, let me know.

In light of my recent issues with K9 not deleting Emails from my in-box, I thought I'd give Mail Droid another try. I still find it a bit cumbersome, and I'm trying to figure out how to:

• Get rid of those annoying ads (so I'm expected to pay $12.99 just to get rid of ads? Seems ridiculously pricey.)
  • Set the polling of new Emails to every minute
  • Set my in-box to load all messages that I have (it's only loading 10 Emails at the present time)
  • Colorize the name of the sender if he/she is in my contact list
  • Get the check boxes to be present by default (I'm not a fan of trying to press several things in order to find them THEN delete mass Emails)

Note: If a mod would like to split this into a separate thread, that's fine with me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones