• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Made the Verizon guy SO JEALOUS with 2.1

i had no idea that the mcrib was no longer at mcdonalds...
then again i've been eating the anus burgers

Edit: Oh dear...lol i just woke my friend up here in the hotel laughing
at my screw up...

ANGUS BURGER NOT ANUS

I think I just saw a mc rib at a mcdonalds in Orlando yesterday (for a limited time only). I had never even heard of it. ;)

Upvote 0
I'm confused what he could possibly be jealous of. From everything I've read the only real thing that is better is nav. That's it. A lot of you say the bugs aren't bad, well a phone not working as a phone is pretty bad.

The 2.1 leak has mixed reviews, for sure.

The bugs and fixes thread is one of the longer threads here.

But I for one am glad many have taken the trouble to install 2.1 because it does give us some idea what to expect with it when the OTA comes to our devices.

That said, if the official release turns out to be as buggy as the leak is reported to be, I'll have to purchase a different device for my needs.

Upvote 0

But I for one am glad many have taken the trouble to install 2.1 because it does give us some idea what to expect with it when the OTA comes to our devices.

That said, if the official release turns out to be as buggy as the leak is reported to be, I'll have to purchase a different device for my needs.

+1
While I think the phone is pretty cool, it certainly isn't the bee knees as they say. It's just not thaat bad. The phone feature should be the strongest feature on any PHONE. I don't know where this idea was lost along the way.

Upvote 0

"longer" isn't fair though. Seriously, how many posts are there like "why do I have to login to Google every time I restart my phone ?" ? I'm not defending the 2.1 release, but there's really only a handful of "issues". The problem is, people go to the END of the thread and automatically post about the same problem(s) over and over.

Upvote 0
"longer" isn't fair though.

People going to a bugs and fixes thread for other than bugs and fixes are such malcontents. :D

Seriously, though, that thread would have died a quick death and faded away if the 2.1 leak were as solid in certain areas as 1.5, I'm thinking.

Not to mention the bugs and fixes being discussed in other threads around here, plus the fact that some of the bugs have no fixes as reported by users. ;)

Upvote 0
You're right, some are true bugs. Some are "we do this differently in 2.1 now" but because people can't figure out the new way, it's considered a bad thing. Some are, IMO, just stupid.... For example, in the People app, under my wife's entry, I can "Send message" to her work # and home #. Yes, I understand, that's possible for some people. My complaint is, when I type "amy" in the "To:" field of a text message, (3) phone numbers pop-up and I have to pick one. With 2.1, it knew (I thought) that a text message only would go to her mobile #.

Upvote 0
McRib Locator

There now no one has to ask when its coming back. Simply look it up...lol

And honestly the relog into google is no big deal for me. Just put your password in and be done with it. It is after all only when you reboot. Now if it was every time the screen locked, yeah I would probably have an issue with it. Just having a phone with built in turn by turn navigation is worth the inconvenience to me.

Upvote 0
Yeah I didn't mean to make it seem like I was "showing off" my phone, I just thought it was odd that the the store manager wanted to put the leak on his own phone. Especially since all the experts on this forum seem to think the official release is coming by the end of the month. Dont get me wrong, I hope it IS coming, but with all of the bugs this leak seems to have, and with skype yet to be added, its hard to imagine them getting it all ironed out in 2 weeks. I just dont see it happening.

3 Weeks from now... I hope there is egg all over my face.

and maybe a McRib :)

Yeah, the Verizon store managers probably won't know about it until weeks or months until its actually out. I'm almost surprised he even knew what Android is ;)

Upvote 0
Yeah, the Verizon store managers probably won't know about it until weeks or months until its actually out.
Have to give credit to the sales girl that my wife got her Eris from at the VZW corporate store. She was aware of the update to 2.? and that it was "supposed to be out..." in the future. All she knew was sometime after the 1st of 2010.

Upvote 0
Seriously, though, that thread would have died a quick death and faded away if the 2.1 leak were as solid in certain areas as 1.5, I'm thinking.

This whole entire forum up until the 2.1 leak was the official "1.5 bug finds and fixes thread"

say 50% of it was other posts about bs/apps/etc....that leave LOTS of 1.5 bug talk.

because of the way i use my phone i had a lot less bugs then most. i dont use gmail, i dont use the stock browser, and i dont reboot my phone.

the dialer app, (which i agree, is the most important) being laggy is a problem though, for sure...

Upvote 0
This whole entire forum up until the 2.1 leak was the official "1.5 bug finds and fixes thread"

say 50% of it was other posts about bs/apps/etc....that leave LOTS of 1.5 bug talk.

because of the way i use my phone i had a lot less bugs then most. i dont use gmail, i dont use the stock browser, and i dont reboot my phone.

the dialer app, (which i agree, is the most important) being laggy is a problem though, for sure...

I disagree. The entire forum may have been the "I don't know how to use my Eris, hellllp me!" forum, with some bugs and fixes reported as well. ;)

The 2.1 as it's being developed is addressing some inevitable bugs in 1.5, of course, but a lot more enhancements to bring Eris up to snuff with Droid, it appears.

Upvote 0
I disagree.

well

well

rasp.gif

Upvote 0
Who said "bug free?"
1.5 is certainly less buggy than the 2.1 leak ... This is not rocket science.
See, that's where we disagree. I had 1.5 until the leak (got Eris on Nov 3rd) and I found 1.5 slower, laggy, awful battery life, end button would always redial, no navigation, all kinds of things that made the phone iffy. I've not seen many, if any, bugs on 2.1. Certainly not more than on 1.5.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones