• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Malaysia Airlines tragedies

Upvote 0
I think the plane being abducted by aliens is more likely than the pilots taking a 777 for a joyride to impress a girl.

I'm guessing that's a cover up story. They likely photoshopped the pictures. The plane most likely got stuck in a time vortex equal to the Bermuda triangle. The movie "the langoliers" comes to mind.

Upvote 0
I'm giving them 10-15 days. If they find absolutely nothing then...
5ymuqana.jpg

Upvote 0

Yeh that's it. There was an episode of Mayday made about it, "Kid In The Cockpit".....there was no distress call made in that disaster, and like fell off the radar as well.

Last words on the CVR..
2393 Kudrinsky: We'll come out in a sec. Everything's all right ... Gently [unintelligible], gently ... Pull up gently!
2400 [Sound of impact, end of recording.]

Upvote 0
But to think that in Malaysia, pilots are the equivalent of rock stars... assuming that video has some truth to it. I consider that very possible and if true, very inevitable that their antics would lead to something like this... no wonder I haven't flown in seven years.

I don't buy it myself, young ladies going in the cockpit for the whole flight. The flight attendants would likely be fully aware of what was going on if that was happening.....unless they're being paid to keep quiet that is? I flew four times with Malaysia Airlines last year, they struck me as being highly professional and well organised. Was impressed. In my position flying is rather unavoidable, unless I travel by train from China to the UK.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
That's possible? That would be one long journey!

Oh it's possible. Takes about 8 days. I got a friend who travelled London to Beijing by train, just for the hell of it. Suffice to say it's not a direct train of course, it's via Moscow, and they have to change the bogeys at the Mongolian Chinese border, due to different track gauges. Mongolia and Russia uses Soviet gauge, while China uses standard gauge.

Upvote 0
I absolutely do not know what to say about this:

"Alright, good night" were the last heard words from the missing Malaysian Airlines (MAS) flight MH370 - which were revealed for the first time at a meeting in Beijing on Wednesday morning between the Malaysian government and Chinese relatives.

The aviation officials said MH370's last heard words were made in response after Malaysian air traffic controllers told the cockpit that they were entering Vietnamese airspace and that air traffic controllers from Ho Chi Minh city were taking over.

Missing Malaysia Airlines plane: 'Alright, good night' were last heard words

Translation - now in addition to everything else said, if that quote really happened in Beijing, and I have no reason to doubt it, then what Malaysia just officially said was:

We handed the plane over to Vietnam, they had it last.

Unbefreakingbelievable. :(

Upvote 0
The cracking around the SATCOM antenna is known true for the 777.

Further, this theory explains how the airplane could have been suddenly lost, with no further information.

Was there a problem with the MH370 Boeing 777-200 aircraft? | Lowyat.NET

The cracking is true, the FAA knows about it, but no idea if the rest of the world did, it's fairly new, from June 2013, published on September 26, 2013.

At a glance, everything stated there is plausible (although, the radar tracking we have to question for obvious reasons).

:(

Theory is:

• Crack(s) opened up, slow depressurization occurred.
  • Pilots notice, begin immediate descent and turn around.
  • SATCOM antenna is lost as crack turns to rupture.
  • At that point, nothing is going to get sent out by the pilots.
  • Depending on amount of damage, plane either explosively decompresses, or the pilots try flying back in while the plane can't make it.
:(

It's just a theory.

Maybe better than any I've read so far.

And would happen to agree with the original radar report offered by the Chinese when this all began, including it happening right after at the last known position - that no one believed.

Here's a version of the theory without explosive decompression occurring, and the plane continuing on autopilot -

http://mh370lost.tumblr.com/

Reactions: Mehta23
Upvote 0
Wow let me ask anyone to answer . but be honest . you have the option to turn off the transponder and you want to travel to another location cause you in charge and know you have enough fuel to get there and back to your location . would you do this or not . be honest

No way.

Imagine deciding to turn off your headlights at night, cross the median and drive against traffic in the lanes going the other way on the freeway - because you know you have enough gas and you're in charge of the wheel.

Same thing.

there is a lot of space between planes up in the sky...

not so on a highway... going against traffic.

i don't understand what Brianz2013 is trying to say or what his point is.
but i don't agree that

flying without your transponder on = driving at night against traffic without headlights.

hell.. it is not even the same as driving against highway traffic in full day light.

Upvote 0
I absolutely do not know what to say about this:

Missing Malaysia Airlines plane: 'Alright, good night' were last heard words

Translation - now in addition to everything else said, if that quote really happened in Beijing, and I have no reason to doubt it, then what Malaysia just officially said was:

We handed the plane over to Vietnam, they had it last.

Unbefreakingbelievable. :(

Wait...didn't Vietnam say they never had it?

One of these countries is trying to avoid the embarrassment of admitting it happened on their watch.

Upvote 0
but i don't agree that

flying without your transponder on = driving at night against traffic without headlights.

hell.. it is not even the same as driving against highway traffic in full day light.

Active flights at the time:

BiK4Ne4CEAA-dQp.png

Pick a direction.

Depending on which one and how long you're willing to fly, it could be exactly like that.

Or, just like a freeway at night, you might get lucky.

In any case, it was an answer to try to illustrate in layman's terms how foolhardy that would be and that no pilot would ever joyride off his flight path.

Whatever reason you want to offer or accept, it's still absolutely true, I wouldn't do it, neither would anyone else who's been up there.

Certainly not professional pilots.

Upvote 0
Wait...didn't Vietnam say they never had it?

One of these countries is trying to avoid the embarrassment of admitting it happened on their watch.

Vietnam was very clear early on that they never had it.

However - if it's true that the SATCOM antenna was lost just a moment after that last waypoint, Malaysia could have completed their control without the handoff to Vietnam ever happening.

In that scenario, no one lied - but lack of early communication across borders prevented an immediate emergency search - that in theory (again) might have located it when it was still possible.

We may never know but it fits both Occam's razor for simplicity and Hanlon's razor for stupidity.

Edit/PS - I agree that before this is over, denials will be flying right and left to spare embarrassment.

Upvote 0
You're scaring me with your airplane talk...I have to fly
soon:!!!!
k

carry on

I'll tune everything out!!:)

but still.......:eek:

I'd get on any airplane flying anywhere first thing tomorrow morning without a moment's hesitation.

Your chances every time you drive a car are far worse than all of your chances added up by flying.

Don't panic.

Reactions: SolApathy
Upvote 0
Active flights at the time:

BiK4Ne4CEAA-dQp.png

Pick a direction.

Depending on which one and how long you're willing to fly, it could be exactly like that.

Or, just like a freeway at night, you might get lucky.

In any case, it was an answer to try to illustrate in layman's terms how foolhardy that would be and that no pilot would ever joyride off his flight path.

Whatever reason you want to offer or accept, it's still absolutely true, I wouldn't do it, neither would anyone else who's been up there.

Certainly not professional pilots.

the planes in that picture.. are not to scale.. they would be tiny tiney little dots..

then they are also in 3D space.. moving on different levels in the sky.

i agree.. i would not turn off the transponder too. that is just stupid.
but again.. not the same as driving against traffic.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones