• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS/CDMA] New MetroPCS Update MF2 any known root methods?

Ok so im gunan be upfront with everyone. i was supposed to lose a line on sprint, cutting my monthly bills by 70. the sprint contact i had ended up not being able to do it for me, so for the past few months ive had metropcs with my wife using the sgs3. i had my old and busted up evo 3d on that second line and my phone on the main line. since we were expecting that line to be cut the extra 40 a month for metro was ok, but we couldnt take 2 years of sprint's 150 a month plus metropcs.

yesterday i sold the sgs3, i know it was wrong of me. but it wa sthe only way i could get money to buy a sprint phone off contract for what originally was going to be my wife to use. my wife is instead getting the sgs4 and ill be getting an htc arrive as my personal device. ironically enough i sold it around 9pm, about the time we got wind of this new ota (samsung has a sick sense of humor). luckily for me n4zty has been nice enough to odin mb2, ota and reroot letting me get teh dumps i need to update metropolis. i have teh stock kernel/recovery and modem. system is still uploading.

i wanted to let everyone know why there is a delay in me being able to do all this. but it isnt going to stop me from working on the device. we have a great family here and it will be the last time you guys have such dev support on a metropcs device. going forward the sgs4 will be nothing but tmobile roms and recovery, so you guys wont need me (youve already got official status on about 15 roms)

anyways here is a flashable zip that should give you the new mf2 modem :)

http://www.shabbypenguin.com/OUDstuff/Samsung/Metro/R530M/Stock/MF2/MF2-Modem.zip

Upvote 0
Ok so im gunan be upfront with everyone. i was supposed to lose a line on sprint, cutting my monthly bills by 70. the sprint contact i had ended up not being able to do it for me, so for the past few months ive had metropcs with my wife using the sgs3. i had my old and busted up evo 3d on that second line and my phone on the main line. since we were expecting that line to be cut the extra 40 a month for metro was ok, but we couldnt take 2 years of sprint's 150 a month plus metropcs.

yesterday i sold the sgs3, i know it was wrong of me. but it wa sthe only way i could get money to buy a sprint phone off contract for what originally was going to be my wife to use. my wife is instead getting the sgs4 and ill be getting an htc arrive as my personal device. ironically enough i sold it around 9pm, about the time we got wind of this new ota (samsung has a sick sense of humor). luckily for me n4zty has been nice enough to odin mb2, ota and reroot letting me get teh dumps i need to update metropolis. i have teh stock kernel/recovery and modem. system is still uploading.

i wanted to let everyone know why there is a delay in me being able to do all this. but it isnt going to stop me from working on the device. we have a great family here and it will be the last time you guys have such dev support on a metropcs device. going forward the sgs4 will be nothing but tmobile roms and recovery, so you guys wont need me (youve already got official status on about 15 roms)

anyways here is a flashable zip that should give you the new mf2 modem :)

http://www.shabbypenguin.com/OUDstuff/Samsung/Metro/R530M/Stock/MF2/MF2-Modem.zip
YESSS!! thank you shabb and nazty i love you guys hahahaha!!

Upvote 0
Metro gs3 is about to be an "officially unloved device" thanks for the modem been waiting all day for someone to share it.

how is this going to be an unloved device? im still going to be working on it, my time has been prettuy short as of late. its the reason why i reached out for help and nick was kind enough to help out. i wante dto make sure yall had plenty of options :)

Upvote 0
how is this going to be an unloved device? im still going to be working on it, my time has been prettuy short as of late. its the reason why i reached out for help and nick was kind enough to help out. i wante dto make sure yall had plenty of options :)

Easy.....i know you haven't abandoned us, but the hands on support will change as bit. Your the goto Dev I'm looking for when the 'ish is hitting the fan. Thanks for keeping metro gs3 significant.

Upvote 0
Wow, i am confused, so the dev phone is sold? hmmm whatever im out

im sorry you feel jaded.

ive returned the money you kicked in to help buy me that phone, hopefully it makes you feel better. i didnt want to sell the device, it was stop paying sprint and get 2 lines with 260+ ETF fees or stop using metro, we couldnt afford both. the problem with us staying on sprint is the device on my second line isnt usable.

20130720_140534.jpg

so i needed to buy a sprint phone off contract, i didnt go with a big fancy device, or one with specs even remotely close. i chose a single core 1ghz 512MB ram windows phone that has been EOL'd for almost a year now.

i meant what i said about not going anywhere, metropolis 1.4.0 is uploading currently. if you guys want to be mad at me about me selling teh device thats fine, its your right to. im not trying to make excuses for anything, this is my situation and i wanted to be clear about it with everyone.

Upvote 0
Oh really......so you sold the phone I gave you with love hmmmmm.......lmao. :eek::eek: hahaha
hit me up on gtalk please

Shabby, just have to realize, that phone was donated to you, not in part, but fully. People kicked in a lot of money for you to get it. You should never have sold it, it should have been kept or given freely to someone else regardless of your plight or reasons. It was exactly that, a dev phone, that these people procured for you so you could work on it. I doubt anyone intended for you to profit from it in any way, and I would have been quite displeased as well.

It's kinda wrong to sell the phone that was bought for you to get another phone, without so much as mentioning it first don't ya think?

My first day back on the forums and this is what I'm reading. Big disappointment.
oh i fully realize it, i feel terrible about it. i have a list of people who donated to me to get teh device fixed etc, it is however between myself and them.

Upvote 0
So. I wanna make this clear . shabby has done much for us s3 users and I have donated a lot of money to him. And others just to get things no one else can. I have a list of who donated what and so does shabby so check this out who wants they're donation back let me know David do you need a new test phone or wait for us to the s4 and when that happens don't be an open dev.

Upvote 0

im not accepting any phones :p, you guys gave me a s3 and i plan on working for it. as i mentioned earlier in this post you guys dont need metropcs devs in the future. the sgs4 already has cm/aokp/etcetc official status, before it even was out. i got gweedo to fix rom manager for it, hopefully dees_troy fixes goo manager for twrp soon enough.

i kept hinting to you and everyone that you guys would be leaving me when you went to teh s4.

chiwen, its good to see that your moral compass found its way and you are able to tell whats right and wrong. congrats man :)

Reactions: ChiweN
Upvote 0
Shabby brought us ROMs and real devs . got us apart of aromas . so let's state this if your on any rom more or less it reverts back to him

A donation is just that a donation. You donate to a fund raiser you don't ask for it back if its not what you like . or give a homeless guy money and ask for it back cause you see he has a job.

Dead serious I will give those who are b!tching about him they're money back. He is the only one who has done anything .

If you all recall it was him without a phone and chiewn who has worked with us and brought us nick. Who got us support ...

You are all on something he brought to the s3 and don't say someone else would he here of it wasn't for him cause no one would.

Not to sound like an ass but who remembers the esteem hmmmm

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones