• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Motorola Repair Service Sucks!!

qcshin

Lurker
Aug 12, 2010
I don't know if anyone has had an experience like mine. I feel very depressed & disappointed.

My Atrix 2 ran out of battery about 2 weeks ago. I plugged into my charger and left it overnight. Next morning, it would not turn on. I tried few things, but there was no sign of life. To make a long story short, thinking that it was still under warranty and Motorola would have no trouble resetting my phone, I sent the phone to Motorola for a repair. After almost a week, they finally got back to me and indicated that there was a liquid damage and they couldn't do anything for me. I never dropped my phone in liquid or spilled liquid on my phone. How could there be liquid damage? Could liquid damage be respnonsible for the phone not turning on?

When I called Motorola this morning, the repair team supervisor told me that simply having a phone in the bathroom could cause a liquid damage? You must be kidding me!!! I have had numerous phones over the years. Samsung, HTC, Apple, LG, etc. No other phone had a liquid damage because I took it into my bathroom.

Do I have any recourse in a situation like this? I know I never exposed my phone to liquid. I am just incredulous. Please help!!

Hey there qcshin, i just wanted to welcome you to the forums :)

I know some support teams are pretty bad about issuing repairs and such but this just sounds like a "We dont know what's wrong with your phone so we are going to make something up" issue.

Personally liquid damage could cause it, but honestly, you have no reason to lie to us, and so I believe your story.

I am not familiar with the Atrix 2, is it a removable battery? because if so have you tried just getting a new battery, i saw your issue had to do with the battery and was just wondering.

Otherwise the only real thing to do is to call customer support at Motorola and complain like hell to the Supervisor and tell them that they are wrong, and yell, moan, and whine until they give you what you want.

I have found this method superior when talking to phone companies who seriously just don't know what is going on...

Hope this helps :)

Upvote 0
I know it is not related to my battery since I can't get it turned on while plugged in without the battery. I just got through talking to their supervisor, and she was not like an ice cold rock, just repeating that they are not responsible. It was like talking to the wall. She said once the device is deemed liquid damaged, they will not do anything.

I am just ticked off that I never had any problems with any other phones from other manufacturers. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Upvote 0
There is now a "Moisture Sensor" in a LOT of the newer phones. If it turns color (usually red) then the company will claim MOISTURE DAMAGE. I'm guessing that it got too much steam or humidity into the back due to a poorly seated or faulty cover. I would argue the "faulty' aspect, but if the sensor has changed color, moisture DID get in the phone somehow. Happened to my wife's phone. Of course, she dumped an entire glass of sweet tea on the phone.....

Upvote 0
I don't know if anyone has had an experience like mine. I feel very depressed & disappointed.

My Atrix 2 ran out of battery about 2 weeks ago. I plugged into my charger and left it overnight. Next morning, it would not turn on. I tried few things, but there was no sign of life. To make a long story short, thinking that it was still under warranty and Motorola would have no trouble resetting my phone, I sent the phone to Motorola for a repair. After almost a week, they finally got back to me and indicated that there was a liquid damage and they couldn't do anything for me. I never dropped my phone in liquid or spilled liquid on my phone. How could there be liquid damage? Could liquid damage be respnonsible for the phone not turning on?

When I called Motorola this morning, the repair team supervisor told me that simply having a phone in the bathroom could cause a liquid damage? You must be kidding me!!! I have had numerous phones over the years. Samsung, HTC, Apple, LG, etc. No other phone had a liquid damage because I took it into my bathroom.

Do I have any recourse in a situation like this? I know I never exposed my phone to liquid. I am just incredulous. Please help!!

The same just happened to me. My phone was never dropped, rained on, or even used in a bathroom. It was only 6 months old and in mint condition without a scratch. Motorola Repair service people are liars and thieves. I believe that they are wetting the phones and then taking photos so they can shirk their responsibilities under the warranty. You and I are not the only ones.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones