• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

need help w/ my evo shift ... freezing problem

shifty707

Lurker
Jun 16, 2011
so i have had my shift for a couple months and a couple weeks ago it started freezing first i would just lock screen and it would go black and not light up when i pressed the button again so then i proceeded to take out the battery and reset the phone.. and it worked for a couple days then it happened again.. i pulled out the battery and reset it.. this time it stopped loading at the 4g screen and didnt boot up fully... i began to press the lock screen button over and over... it finally booted up after a couple mins and then shortly after froze again... so i pulled out the battery and this time i held the power button and the volume down button which brought me to the hboot? menu? where i did a factory reset and it worked for a couple days then started happening again.. then i factory reset again and again and again...the screen goes blank 3-5 times now when i try to reset it to factory default and i have to take out the battery and put it back in and turn it on then it continues and so on... when i try to turn it on it stays on the htc screen ...(the first white screen),,, on occaision it will make it to the 4g screen(third screen ... following is the phone actually booting up) and a couple times it has made it to the booted up lock screen but when i slide down the bar it either freezes or the screen goes white and it says htc and then freezes shortly after..i have no clue what to do or if i shouldt be trying to reset it to factory as much... idk... anything will help and if you need any more info just ask.... THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE][/SIZE]

He's not rooted....

Sucks about your store there.... I would put in a call to customer service and tell them what is going on, or find a better (corporate) store in your area. I have always been lucky in that regard, I guess. My local store has some pretty decent people working there. They seem to really want to get your problems fixed....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones