• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Need help with updating android for pokemon go

Y

yelksoma

Hello,

I know how to root my Xperia V (its rooted already) and so, but heres my problem:
Like so many other people, i want to play this Pokémon Go game, and it requires Android 4.4 (or higher). My Xperia V is 4.3 (9.2.A.2.5) but I need to upgrade android to 4.4 at least, but I would like to have 5 or 6 if possible.

I've been like a week trying to install recovery mode, without luck.
  • I don't know how to effectively instal CWM or TWRP
  • I don't know the REAL way to enter recovery mode in this device (I've seen A LOT of options but with other xperia models)
  • I don't know if I can install a new stable version of Android

PLEASE! any detailed help is apreciated, as I'm really a noob in this mobile thing :p

Thanks in advice!

Sorry for my broken english

Reactions: Jeames8kin
Hello,

I know how to root my Xperia V (its rooted already) and so, but heres my problem:
Like so many other people, i want to play this Pokémon Go game, and it requires Android 4.4 (or higher). My Xperia V is 4.3 (9.2.A.2.5) but I need to upgrade android to 4.4 at least, but I would like to have 5 or 6 if possible.

I've been like a week trying to install recovery mode, without luck.
  • I don't know how to effectively instal CWM or TWRP
  • I don't know the REAL way to enter recovery mode in this device (I've seen A LOT of options but with other xperia models)
  • I don't know if I can install a new stable version of Android

PLEASE! any detailed help is apreciated, as I'm really a noob in this mobile thing :p

Thanks in advice!

Sorry for my broken english

From what I looked up, you can get android 5 through Cyanogenmod. I'm not sure though, but it was what I looked up. I have a way to get pokémon go, without updating android. The method also works for other apps than just Pokémon Go.
EDIT: But you said you can't install a recovery, which means you can't install Cyanogenmod.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones