• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Update Caused Endless Rebooting -Tried most Steps

Sorry I dont know what any of that means, you are asking me to look for 3 strings of numbers on the phone? Where at?

look at the screen shot you posted. The first ti digits in each slot are the ones I posted the ? represents AP, BL, CP. Once in Odin lok at the files first to digits and compare the to your hand written notes

hypothetically
11=bl
22=CP
33=AP
but be sure you mark the correctly before hand . Yes
yours are
7D=
21=
86=

Fill in the correct BL CP AP

Upvote 0
look at the screen shot you posted. The first ti digits in each slot are the ones I posted the ? represents AP, BL, CP. Once in Odin lok at the files first to digits and compare the to your hand written notes

hypothetically
11=bl
22=CP
33=AP
but be sure you mark the correctly before hand . Yes
yours are
7D=
21=
86=

Fill in the correct BL CP AP

Im very confused on what you mean or what your asking. But you want me to just load the tar files into odin, and look at those numbers? Here's a screenshot of it:

What handwritten notes you are referring to?

screenshot.png

Here's the whole file names if that's better?
2af417803ba2812d3259ae40c6bfde10.png

Upvote 0
Looks like you decided to fash you csc. Youll loose all user dsta.

Oh the flash was already done and successful. It worked.

As far as the CSC, since it kept failing, someone on XDA was chatting with me told me to go ahead try odin WITH the home CSC file. He thought that might be the issue. So I went ahead and tried it with the home CSC file.

All my app data, wifi networks, and logins appears to still be there? So what exactly did I lose from user data?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thats the way I flash with Odin, Each slot is a partition. Somtines different firmwares change the size . Being that these only a given amout of space if A partition on a newer fernware increase the size on one partion the space is decreased in another or the others. You mention wanting to say data . I was hopeing to help you kerp it but we have elliminated pissible Odin fails. I think its time you consider a clean flash. Thats generally how its done. Flash fkashing the complete firmware. Hate to loose your data but a working phone with no iser data is better than data on a divice that fosent work. It your decision.

Upvote 0
Thats the way I flash with Odin, Each slot is a partition. Somtines different firmwares change the size . Being that these only a given amout of space if A partition on a newer fernware increase the size on one partion the space is decreased in another or the others. You mention wanting to say data . I was hopeing to help you kerp it but we have elliminated pissible Odin fails. I think its time you consider a clean flash. Thats generally how its done. Flash fkashing the complete firmware. Hate to loose your data but a working phone with no iser data is better than data on a divice that fosent work. It your decision.

Oh no, Im saying it worked after flashing it a second time. :DThe phone turns back on normally and I was able to retrieve my data, I backed it up to my computer. The phone is back to normal so far!

It will be interesting to see what happens when that OTA update pops back up. The OTA update is what caused the original problem.

Upvote 0

As far as the CSC, since it kept failing, someone on XDA was chatting with me told me to go ahead try odin WITH the home CSC file. He thought that might be the issue. So I went ahead and tried it with the home CSC file.

All my app data, wifi networks, and logins appears to still be there? So what exactly did I lose from user data?

Just gor the record if you go back to check youll notice I did mention that as the last option. The reason being was you preferred keeping you data. Pehaps you missed it or Pehaps I miss spelled it lol . The most important is you now have a working Note 8 and you didnt give up. Excellent.

Upvote 0
Just gor the record if you go back to check youll notice I did mention that as the last option. The reason being was you preferred keeping you data. Pehaps you missed it or Pehaps I miss spelled it lol . The most important is you now have a working Note 8 and you didnt give up. Excellent.

It did not erase any of my data. Everything still there. Strange, I got lucky.
Thanks again for all your help. :D

Reactions: MrJavi
Upvote 0

I'm actually a Androidforums member and I'm glad it all worked out.

Reactions: MrJavi
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones