• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Nexus s boot animation without computer

weddle

Android Enthusiast
Mar 23, 2011
PA
Can someone explain to me how to change my boot animation to the nexus s one (in layman's terms) without using a computer? I've looked and I couldn't really find a way with a good explanation. Plus I'm rushing before I have to go to work. Please excuse my nubbness and thanks in advance!

If your rooted then put the bootanimation zip on the root of your sd card (this means to put it near the bottom of the list of file folders on the sd card,not in any of the folders) . Then use a file manager like SuperManager and go to system,then media. In the media folder you will find the current bootanimation. Delete this,then copy and paste the bootanimation zip to the same place the one you deleted was. Done.

If your not rooted you will have to use your computer and ROMTools.

Reactions: weddle
Upvote 0
I found the nexus 1 animation I want to use, but when I try to change what kind of rom it is (like switching from the SENSE rom to the cm7 rom in the dropdown bow in bootanimations) it wont register that I selected cm7..or any of the others besides sense for that matter -_-

Does the kitchen not work with mobile?

EDIT:: Got it to work. Just waiting for it to be cooked up! Lol. Thanks again guys

Upvote 0
I tried redownloading the file on my other SD card and got it into system/media. If I leave it what the file is originally named it gives me the stock android boot screen. But when I rename it "bootanimation.zip" it changes to a blank boot screen.

Any help???
If your using Windows to rename the boot amination, if you right clik and clik 'rename' just type 'bootanimation'. Not 'bootanimation.zip'. That's a common mistake of which I'm guilty of.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones