• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Odin 3.09 does not have PDA

You should only flash the correct firmware for your CSC code, as explained in #1.1, #1.5, #1.6 and #1.7 of the Jelly Bean update - Dummies Guide

but I am surprised some "My Files" still shows files from my old setup e.g. NudnikFiles.hide.

Thought they would be gone as Nudnik not on phone now.

Could using BL have caused this and should I reflash using AP?

Yes. BL = Flashing Bootloader only. Download the correct firmware for your phone and flash it via Odin as per the instructions in the links posted above. Flashing only replaces system files and, if you are rooted, will unroot you.

ironass motto... "Flash in haste... repent at leisure!" ;)

Upvote 0
Is there no way to get a clean install i.e. only have files that are in the firmware not those left over from a previous installation?

I did do a factory reset and cache clear both before and after flashing. I also did not let Google restore previous settings.

You mean a, "vanilla", install that requires you to format the internal and external memory as described in post #1 of Firmware update problems... what you can do!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones