• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Odin for Transform Ultra

Any progress on this yet? I bricked my phone doing some testing to try and fix the touch screen issue. It won't do anything except turn on the notification LED, seems a ROM I tried to flash overwrote everything. Can someone post these files so I can try to at least get clockwork mod running again? Maybe try to get the files using this method:

[HOW-TO]Create Custom ODIN Images for Backup/Restore - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Help would be greatly appreciated.
not as simple as that. You also need the .ops file which maps out the partitions on the device. Interdpth is working on this but its not finished yet. Your best chance is to get with him on the channel above and maybe he can help.

Upvote 0
Any progress on this yet? I bricked my phone doing some testing to try and fix the touch screen issue. It won't do anything except turn on the notification LED, seems a ROM I tried to flash overwrote everything. Can someone post these files so I can try to at least get clockwork mod running again? Maybe try to get the files using this method:

[HOW-TO]Create Custom ODIN Images for Backup/Restore - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Help would be greatly appreciated.
have you tried reinstalling cwm from scratch... it will push thr recovery block back on your phone... if it will let you connect

Upvote 0
have you tried reinstalling cwm from scratch... it will push thr recovery block back on your phone... if it will let you connect

Yeah. That was one of the first things I tried. If I try to run the bat file I get "error: device not found". ADB can't see the phone. I've tried nearly every approach to flashing with ODIN I could find. ODIN detects the phone, but I can't get past "setup connection".

This sucks. I need a phone and boost is going to make me switch plans and possibly lose my shrinkage if go back to the incognito.

Upvote 0
Yeah. That was one of the first things I tried. If I try to run the bat file I get "error: device not found". ADB can't see the phone. I've tried nearly every approach to flashing with ODIN I could find. ODIN detects the phone, but I can't get past "setup connection".

This sucks. I need a phone and boost is going to make me switch plans and possibly lose my shrinkage if go back to the incognito.
you won't loose your shrinkage. they're pretty good at preserving that for you

Upvote 0
you won't loose your shrinkage. they're pretty good at preserving that for you
This just happened to me... If you signed up when Android was 50 and change phones now, even if it is also an Android phone, you will pay 55. Suppose you are on Shrinkage and paying 35 dollars, when you change to another Android phone, you will have to pay 40 dollars and that's as low as it will go.

Reactions: blahsaysmeu2u
Upvote 0

imfm pm me i bet i can get your phone working.. At least try everything possible.

Upvote 0
Please go to the IRC channel for assistance.
server: irc.fossnet.info
channel #transformultra

I can get your phone up and running, a donation would be nice for the assistance but not required. So just hop in.

hey interdpth
what is this server and channell? and IRC channel?
just wondering if it maybe something i could check out to learn more.
thanks man

Upvote 0
Guys I would like to take over the Odin project if I had a test phone.. I'm not gonna brick my own with odin. I have some of the ops figured out but the big one is the boot.img. the only way to test it is to just try and do it. it will brick if its wrong and I will have to send it to samsung to get it fixed and try again. thats where interdpth was at right before he went back to work. he was waiting to get his back from samsung to try again. if any one has one that is semi bricked(bootloops or just get the samsung screen) I'd like to borrow it. just pm me if you have one

Upvote 0
Guys I would like to take over the Odin project if I had a test phone.. I'm not gonna brick my own with odin. I have some of the ops figured out but the big one is the boot.img. the only way to test it is to just try and do it. it will brick if its wrong and I will have to send it to samsung to get it fixed and try again. thats where interdpth was at right before he went back to work. he was waiting to get his back from samsung to try again. if any one has one that is semi bricked(bootloops or just get the samsung screen) I'd like to borrow it. just pm me if you have one

or we could all pitch in and donate to mavrik..inorder to get a phone...odin working properly for the TU in my opinion would be the best thing that could happen to this phone developmental wise

Reactions: smith058
Upvote 0
well boot.img sould be easy just need the tar ball... and Koumajutsu mad a nice script to make the whole thing... we just need to know the proper partitions and have the right ops setup... i have alredy started on editing the script.... but i dont have the time to put in no more... (haveing our second child and wife dont work, so ive been verrrrrryyyy bussy!)

this is a link to Koumajutsu's .bat script (ive edited it some... it needs the right partitions)

http://androidforums.com/transform-ultra-all-things-root/496150-phone-blocks-map.html#post3917178

PLEASE DO TAKE OVER!!!!

Upvote 0

PLEASE DO TAKE OVER!!!!

I made tars of the whole system already.. what needs to be figured out is what # is boot.img in the .ops it's not 8 as it is on the phone.. odin has it's own language and the only way to find out is to take your boot.img.tar and make it 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, ect. in the ops and flash it and hope you get the right one.. if not you have to move to the next one until you brick or find it.

from what interdpth told me, the right way would be to try system, data, sdcard, and cache first because getting those wrong can be recovered from cwm. once you have those ruled out and can flash em, you have less options for boot and a less likely chance of bricking. but still thats only 4 so you just have to say eff it and try and hope for the best. I wish I could get in touch with him somehow to get more info on it but if I had a dev phone I'd be able to figure it out eventually

and yes your right johnny, Odin would be the biggest thing we could get right now on this. I hate seeing all these people on here with bricked phones because they are trying OUR stuff. user error or not,, we need to be able to flash back.. period

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones