• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official Android 2.2 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok guys and girls, a little Info you for:

If you have a network operator branded handset and you used a goldcard and loaded a generic HTC rom, then you have to make sure the gold card is in when updating to 2.2.

If like me, you updated your handset without the gold card, then fear not. I thought my phone was bricked but what I did was, put the gold card in, connect the phone to my comp and loaded the "RUU_Bravo_HTC_WWE_1.21.405.2_Radio_32.36.00.28U_4.06.00.02_2_release_126984_signed" rom. So in affect i downgraded it.
THEN I did the OTA upgrade still with the gold card in and now it works fine :)

Upvote 0
- Immediately after installation the phone showed that my WiFi signal was weak even though I was able to browse fine and at full speed. A restart fixed this and the signal shown is more accurate now.
- Friendstream seems to fail when I first tap refresh, but works the second time. No biggie.
Ok mines just the signal just all over the place, i've restarted the phone but its still the same.

Upvote 0
2 minor niggles here:

As others have reported, the swipe lock password does not seem to function **EDIT: apologies, my mistake, as the user below points out if you set the lock to immediate it works fine!** secondly, the bluetooth voice dialling feature from Froyo (working fine on Nexus one) does not seem to be present in this release which is very dissapointing as I was really looking forward to it as I do a lot of driving.

Initial improvements:

Web browsing speed as promised seems to be greatly improved, wifi, tethering works a treat, flash seem to be working fantastically well including all tested Iplayer content from the BBC! (No more unsupported messages!) and apps2sd for some applications works ok too... Moved Rock player to SD card with no issues.

If anyone has any idea if there are any fixes for my niggles, then please let me know.

Upvote 0
Mines all done and dusted. The wireless hotspot thing works a treat! Got my iPod hooked up to it now!

Does that not count as "tethering" and can the networks tell that you are doing it with either you're iPod or a laptop?

Was always something I wondered as most networks t&cs forbid it. Would make more business sense imo in terms of overheads and managing subscriptions if I could have my phone and mobile broadband contract under one SIM rather than having my phone and MiFi devices separate.

Upvote 0
2 minor niggles here:

As others have reported, the swipe lock password does not seem to function (not a deal breaker but a silly fault really HTC!)

This isn't a fault. HTC have added a new feature to only lock the phone after X amount of minutes of inactivity... so you can have it where if you pick your phone up within 5 minutes of putting it down you don't have to unlock the phone again. The default setting for this new feature is indeed 5 minutes.

Go into the security settings page to change this.

Upvote 0
ok guys and girls, a little Info you for:

If you have a network operator branded handset and you used a goldcard and loaded a generic HTC rom, then you have to make sure the gold card is in when updating to 2.2.

If like me, you updated your handset without the gold card, then fear not. I thought my phone was bricked but what I did was, put the gold card in, connect the phone to my comp and loaded the "RUU_Bravo_HTC_WWE_1.21.405.2_Radio_32.36.00.28U_4.06.00.02_2_release_126984_signed" rom. So in affect i downgraded it.
THEN I did the OTA upgrade still with the gold card in and now it works fine :)

Having trouble with this - put in my Gold Card, turned phone on, connected via USB. Ran the "update" (downgrade) on the desktop. Desktop is sat on "Verifying information on your Android phone. Please wait..." and phone is in re-boot cycle. No idea what to do.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones