1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

General ***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Steven58, Aug 23, 2011.

1. teddyearp

teddyearp Android Expert

May 19, 2010
    Store Manager
    Pinetop, AZ
    Yes, you do hit a nail. Most of the rest of the world uses GSM, but like you say even if AT&T comes out with a version of LTE, their phones will still be GSM based, unlike alot of Western Hemisphere providers who use CDMA. VZW, USCC, Telus, Pelephone, Vivo, Metro, Cricket, etc.

Advertisement

drbugsmn likes this.
  2. TheRoosevelt

TheRoosevelt Android Expert
    None

Oct 11, 2011
    Classy-man
    USA
    I'm no expert on cameras, but you have to realize you're recording in 1920x1080 with something that's the size of a pinhole. Don't expect superb quality.

BabyBlues and jbdan like this.
  3. Trent Reznor

Trent Reznor Android Expert
    None

Mar 13, 2010
    Sales - slinging cheese
    Denver, Co
    Hey VZW... I didn't really mean this when I posted it in AUGUST!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::D

scottg96 and BabyBlues like this.
  4. tluley51

tluley51 Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 7, 2011
    Upstate NY
    I am running Win7 64 bit. I have Malwarebytes and Norton, always running scans. Also I should add, it was pissing me off so much I reformatted my HDD 2 weeks ago, and the issue is still here.

If it were a DNS issue, wouldn't all 3, Chrome, IE, and Mozilla just not work altogether? They all work, they just randomly cut out. sorry if I left that out, that is kind of a major thing to leave out, haha...But that what is happening. I am posting from my computer now and it is working fine, it's just random when it decides to cut out. I even have a laptop right next to me so I know that it is just my computer that is losing (just web browsing) internet.

5. nj02vette

nj02vette Android Expert
    None

Jul 9, 2010
    Male
    Marlton, NJ
    Then don't look at Tactical Nuclear Penguin, Sink the Bismark, or another of DFH brews, World Wide Stout. :D

6. cggorman

cggorman Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 25, 2010

:( ;)

7. kishvet

kishvet Lurker
    None

Nov 17, 2011
    Sounds to me like you and whomever you talked to (you do have a name written down as well as the date and time?) regarding the phone entered into an oral contract for you to pick up the phone tomorrow. If I went in tomorrow and was denied, I would be understanding and not get upset. At this point in time you have a disagreement between the two parties. I figure that I had been damaged around $100 and that the store could issue me a credit for when the phone arrived. Make sure that you take notes while you are having the discussion taking down names and documenting what was said. I would then stop at your local version of a District Justice court and fill out the paperwork for breach of contract suit as you had placed justifiable reliance on the store that your phone would be ready for pick up . (You double checked and triple checked with them, even gave them ample opportunity to back out of the agreement right?) Since you have been damaged additionally by this time, make it out for $150. Hopefully the store will see the error of their ways (or your phone will be available:D) and you can be happy and skip the last step. If not, eventually the suit will reach someone with the authority to settle and at least you'll be compensated for your getting the run around. Extreme? Maybe. But if no one holds their feet to the fire, they will continue to do stuff like this to their customers. I used to let stuff like this happen to me all the time. Finally got tired of it. I bet that if it does result in paperwork filed, it will be a lot less likely to happen to someone else in the future, at least at that particular store. It is very satisfying when the settlement check arrives and they finally acknowledge that they were the bad guys(girls). And it usually only goes to the manager of the store. If you adequately and appropriately present your case to him/her, they will usually take care of it on the spot.

jruther2 and jbdan like this.
  8. TKEnzy

TKEnzy Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 28, 2011
    Media Relations
    South Jersey
    OT Beer Talk

So, whenever I'm some place new, I like to try and find the local brews and see what the area has to offer. I gotta say, North Carolina disappointed. Maybe I just picked wrong, but I had the Big Boss Angry Angel, a bland, average beer to me. Very drinkable, just nothing special. I also had the Duckrabbit Amber Ale, which again was good, but nothing that set it apart. Maybe I've just gotten to the point where unless a brew is doing something special I'm not surprised, but the beers were just average. Or maybe I've just moved onto enjoying a different type of beer more, like pale ales of all sorts. Like the Sweetwater 420 I tried, which is actually out of Georgia, but that was one good beer. Just enough hoppiness to add a nice kick, but nothing overwhelming where it ruined the taste afterwards.

9. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me!
    None

Jun 3, 2010
    Female
    Masquerading as a responsible adult
    Jersey - born & bred
    Nah. I agree with cggorman
    Sarah Jessica Parker looks like a horse

Night!

F150FAN likes this.
  10. nj02vette

nj02vette Android Expert
    None

Jul 9, 2010
    Male
    Marlton, NJ
    I saw ONE response of that in ONE thread. It was also playing on a 3rd party player, so no idea if it has anything to do with the Nexus hardware at all.

Not buying that yet.

11. th0r615

th0r615 Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 12, 2009
    Baltimore, MD
    OT: Dirty Steelers.

12. Jon Nale

Jon Nale Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 31, 2009
    I think the image stabilization is just very poor.

Here is a better example of the issue:
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus video recording sample and issue - YouTube

Hopefully, this can either be disabled, or can be fixed in a future update.

spmwilson likes this.
  13. nismo300zx96

nismo300zx96 Member
    None

May 16, 2010
    Network Engineer
    RI
    The reason it is working for other applications is because they use a different port than HTTP. Try to flush you dns by loading up cmd and typing
    ipconfig /dnsflush

14. jt02gt

jt02gt Member
    None

Nov 20, 2010
    Radiographer
    Nebraska
    I would definitely pursue another vet if they are attempting to make you come in twice a year for checkups. We had a somewhat similar issue with a vet here for our "babies" and just found a different vet that we love now. Also to the contacts thing the thing that separates contacts from glasses in the prescription needed to continue is the fact that contacts physically touch your eyes thus making potential for harm that much greater. My wife and I just make sure to get a new pair of glasses every couple of years just to ensure that if contact issues arise we have a good back-up plan in place. Just somethings to chew on.

15. AppsRUs

AppsRUs Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 6, 2010
    East Coast
    This is far fetched and delusional, but let's assume corporate became infuriated at the sight of confidential, leaked emails and documentation of a phone they claim 'is as important as the iPhone launch.' They take immediate action to 'shut everyone up', and sends an email out in the spirit of, "Say a word, we'll fire you." They tell everyone, from corporate down to the janitor that no one is to give the December 9th date out and everyone is to say 'coming soon' effective immediately. They 'push' a fake delay leak out--tossing up several possibilities (4G outage, Apple lawsuit, Google Wallet, etc) in hopes that the leaks and 'confirmed' release date is brought to a screeching halt.

Given the events of today, we have some stores who have checked their emails from after the corporate meeting that give no delay and are still claiming December 9th as the date, some who originally scheduled appointments and are now saying, "We don't know. Don't call back here ever again. Leave us alone," and a divide in CSR responses saying tomorrow is the day while others say next week or 'coming soon'. We know the phones are in stock. The 4G network is stable. There is no other possible reason for the phone to be held up.

So, maybe if we close our eyes really tight, find a star, and wish on it our dreams will come true?

drbugsmn, F150FAN, chandl90 and 4 others like this.
  16. Ninja Monkey

Ninja Monkey Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 20, 2010
    Southeast MI
    OT

I was so glad she went home. My wife and I found her to be so annoying. Melanie Amaro is going to win it and rightly so.

17. BigFwoosh

BigFwoosh Newbie
    None

Dec 7, 2011
    iOS/Android Developer
    Raleigh, NC
    If you're around NC again, you should give Lone Rider a try. Their Shotgun Betty is really good if you're into hefeweizens. Red Oak Amber has also become a regular beer for me. I've passed their brewery a couple times on the way to Charlotte.

TKEnzy likes this.
  18. SolidOrange

SolidOrange Android Expert
    None

Sep 10, 2010
    Clemson, SC
    i will always remember her looking like this:

[​IMG]

mostly because The Mask is the first PG-13 movie I ever saw. watched it at my cousin's house when i was about 11... i have found that scene, and cameron diaz in general, particularly interesting ever since. ;)

19. BlueBiker

BlueBiker Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2010
    Male
    New England
    I agree w/the others, could be DNS issue. While using Google's DNS may(?) be a good choice, it's also possible that rebooting your cable modem (and router) will help.

20. IHateMyTreo

IHateMyTreo Android Expert

Apr 22, 2010
    Male
    Film/TV Attorney
    Whistler BC and Los Angeles
    I doubt they do LTE in Canada. I checked the coverage maps and it doesn't show any LTE. But I could be wrong.

21. orlando bull

orlando bull Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 29, 2011
    Orlando

McCoy looks drunk going back out there.

22. teddyearp

teddyearp Android Expert

May 19, 2010
    Store Manager
    Pinetop, AZ
    Forgive me, but those 'reports' do not amount to an official announcement by VZW. No offense meant here, I'm just saying. . . . . .

23. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest
    None
    No. . .I didn't see it in a thread, it was an article somewhere. But you're probably right, it might end up being something like that stupid USB cable thing. Who knows.

24. MacroPlanet

MacroPlanet Newbie
    None

Nov 16, 2011
    Graphic Designer
    St. Louis
    I just found something on the main website of the Galaxy Nexus!!!!

On the main screen, bullets 2-3 all say "Buy Now" instead of Register! Not sure what this means, but they could be close to release.

http://www.google.com/nexus/ (Fixed the link)

Here is a screenshot!

[​IMG]

nexus15, Ninjak, SPLover and 27 others like this.
  25. hgray

hgray Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 18, 2011
    Computer Scientist
    Goose Creek, SC
    I'm going to bed. You guys need to slow down with the rapid fire posts so I can have a chance to catch up tomorrow...

Tags: