• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Phone calls cutting in and out

PhillySteve

Feb 3, 2010
I have a strange issue with my rooted Eris.. Currently running V38 however I have had this issue since at least v30.. Every call I make, after the 1 minute mark I hear a beep and it seems like my call dropped. About 5 seconds later its back. Anyone else experiencing the same issue?

Going to bump this to try to get some help on the matter.

I have downgraded to a 2.1 ROM and still have had this happen. I was under the impression it was a 2.2 ROM issue, but apparently not exclusive.

It is not a 2.1 vs. 2.2 issue, but a CyanogenMod 5.x or 6.x versus HTC-derived Eris code (which is aandroid 2.1). doogald pointed this out in his post (above). It may also effect AOSP 2.1 ROMs, but I am less sure about that.

If you want to avoid the problem, choose a "2.1" ROM which is derived from HTC releases for the Eris.

eu1

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones