• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Play.com shipping? (no, not yet)

Dunno. If he meant me, I meant the CarphoneWarehouse website. They seem to be selling the 16Gig version, off contract, handset only, and their website reports in stock.

Tsk tsk tsk???

Hmm what the hell? lol do you think it will have all the vodafone crap on it ? i thought only voda was getting the 16gig models and how can they have it already :thinking: :eek: :mad: Hmm what to do....

Upvote 0
Ok Unlocked-Mobile pre orders looks very promising, heres the email.

Date Ordered: Thursday 27 May, 2010

The comments for your order are

Dear Customer

Just to advise, all Samsung i9000 Galaxy S orders will begin shipping tomorrow. All pre-orders will be
fulfilled and shipped by close of day on Wednesday.

Our stock is the 8GB version. If you require additional memory, we have a high quality 8GB Sandisk
Micro SD available for 22.40 inc Vat (saving 10%).
Sorry there appears to be an error - Sim Free Phones & Contract Mobile Phones Unlocked Mobiles
microsdhc-memory-card-p-11025.html

If you would like to add this to your order, please reply to this email.

Thank you all for your pre-order for the Samsung Galaxy S from Unlocked Mobiles.

Should you have any further questions please advise.

Regards

Unlocked Mobiles

**OK people start ordering from unlocked-mobiles this is a very good confirmation i got!!**

Upvote 0
Ok Unlocked-Mobile pre orders looks very promising, heres the email.

Date Ordered: Thursday 27 May, 2010

The comments for your order are

Dear Customer

Just to advise, all Samsung i9000 Galaxy S orders will begin shipping tomorrow. All pre-orders will be
fulfilled and shipped by close of day on Wednesday.

Our stock is the 8GB version. If you require additional memory, we have a high quality 8GB Sandisk
Micro SD available for 22.40 inc Vat (saving 10%).
Sorry there appears to be an error - Sim Free Phones & Contract Mobile Phones Unlocked Mobiles
microsdhc-memory-card-p-11025.html

If you would like to add this to your order, please reply to this email.

Thank you all for your pre-order for the Samsung Galaxy S from Unlocked Mobiles.

Should you have any further questions please advise.

Regards

Unlocked Mobiles

**OK people start ordering from unlocked-mobiles this is a very good confirmation i got!!**

Ferdimage,
I know we have just spoken on the xda-devs forum about this but seeing as you have posted here I thought you would appreciate the first message I've just received back from Chris Love at Clove:-

Mike
We were told last week that the shipment would take place on the W/C 21st
Some distributors still believe they will get the shipment this week, but I think this is simply that the sales guys have not been updated.
I have a call in to Samsung to try and establish the exact date and whether any shipment will reach Carphone before the channel - I would be surprised
Lets await their reply later this morning.
Shipment delays on launch are always frustrating, but also very common.
However the more I see of the i9000 the more impressed I am!

Regards

Chris Love
Clove Technology

TEL: +44 (0)1202 552936
FAX: +44 (0)1202 552937

Email: sales@clove.co.uk

Blog: blog.clove.co.uk

I'm now awaiting to hear what Chris will come back with later today.
Personally I agree completely with him.... I've never doubted Chris and do not see anything here that will change this. :)

Upvote 0
Okay,
We now have Part Two to Chris Love's message.

He's just heard back from Samsung and below is his message sent to me just a few minutes ago.

Mike,
I have just spoken to Samsung and they now do think they will get stock out later this week.

I have asked if all distribution will get stock (we have orders with all of them anyway!) and when the expect it actually to land in the warehouses.

They have confirmed that Carphone DO NOT yet have stock.

Regards

Chris Love
Clove Technology

That'll do me nicely on both accounts.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Okay,
We now have Part Two to Chris Love's message.

He's just heard back from Samsung and below is his message sent to me just a few minutes ago.

Mike,
I have just spoken to Samsung and they now do think they will get stock out later this week.

I have asked if all distribution will get stock (we have orders with all of them anyway!) and when the expect it actually to land in the warehouses.

They have confirmed that Carphone DO NOT yet have stock.

Regards

Chris Love
Clove Technology

That'll do me nicely on both accounts.

Cheers mate i was wondering how the carphonewarehouse had them already.

I can't wait :D I had a look at the dummy model yesterday and it looks gorgous ! lol

Upvote 0
Play has now changed their date from the 28th to the 19th which is Saturday.

Expansys reckon it will be avaliable from tommorow the 15th.

Clove & Handtec both say due for release this week sometime.

Am hoping Expansys are right and Clove get it as well lol.
I've got you a good date to go by from Clove mate, it's this Wednesday.
See here. :)

Reactions: Smg
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones