• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Play Music issue

smsungal

Oct 11, 2012
Hi all. I'm having this strange issue with Play Music, since yesterday. I have noticed that when I go to Google Play to update apps when it asks me, I would go through that just fine. But then when I go to exit the app, I see that Play Music is also there, as if I have opened it. I never did. Is anyone else having this issue? Hoping there's a fix for this :( :thinking:

Hi all. I'm having this strange issue with Play Music, since yesterday. I have noticed that when I go to Google Play to update apps when it asks me, I would go through that just fine. But then when I go to exit the app, I see that Play Music is also there, as if I have opened it. I never did. Is anyone else having this issue? Hoping there's a fix for this :( :thinking:

Hi smsungal. This Galaxy Players area might be a better spot for your query, rather than the Samsung manufacturer forum. Let's see how it goes here. :)

I'm wondering if you just need to clear out the data on the Player in the Application Manager (cache and data, actually), while also making sure you've not missed a setting/check box somewhere in the app's menus.

Reactions: smsungal
Upvote 0
hi frisco. I will try clearing out, but it just suddenly did this. I wonder if it has to do with the Play Music app update that recently occurred?

Samsung Galaxy s2 T Mobile, if that helps :)

You could very well be right about that update not playing nice with the system. We see this across many devices, as reported around here. Staffers here usually bring that up as a possibility.. but this time you get the High Five. ;)

Reactions: smsungal
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones