• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [PROJECT] Get MMS working on AOSP/AOKP/CM/MIUI builds!

I was looking at the Boost Mobile GS2 Thread and found a link to a MMS fix could this work? http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1622055

Care to backup, test, and find out? I have some "mmscm9fix.zip" on my phone but I haven't tried applying anything like that to a different ROM. Hell, that might be from my Optimus V. Remember that PA is CyanogenMod based (for now.) I'm taking a break from trying to get this to work. I went back to 2.52 since the mms.apk wasn't working for me in 2.54.

The odd part to keep in mind is that it seems to be partially tied to WiMax. The MMS (APN) settings for this phone are different than other VM phones except perhaps the GS2 but that just came out so no one knows yet. With the Optimus V we had people always working to get the Sprint ROMs feeling like VM roms with build.prop fixes and specific MMS fixes. Unfortunately our community doesn't seem nearly as large likely due to the cost of the EVO V and how long it's been out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones