• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Question, Have to Nandroid Backup Everytime Use Custom Rom???

fst2011

Lurker
Feb 14, 2011
Hello everyone,

I already flashed my phone with the Iced Rom...I did the Nandroid backup thru clockwork. When I find another custom rom to try out do I have to create another Nandroid backup?

If the answer is yes....then please explain why. I have been reading all morning about this rooting/flashing/etc and some parts of this are confusing.

Thanks for any help,

Brian K

no you don't HAVE to do a back up, however it is STRONGLY recommended incase anything goes wrong, also if you become a flash-aholic it makes it much easier to switch back and forth between ROMs along with the apps and how you had homescreens and such setup. I would recommend doing them through ROM Manager (made by the same guy who put out Clockwork Mod) since you can give each back up it's own name instead of just a number.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones