• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rant Thread - What really grinds your gears?

Cheap Craigslist buyers! NO I will NOT sell my 50" Samsung 1080p plasma for $500. Good luck finding one in perfect condition for that price! NO I will NOT sell my phone for $100... they piss me off so much.

$525 for the TV. :p

All joking aside, how much are you asking for that TV? I'll probably get one soon, I'm wondering how much you think it's worth.

Upvote 0
Cheap Craigslist buyers! NO I will NOT sell my 50" Samsung 1080p plasma for $500. Good luck finding one in perfect condition for that price!

What about some Craigslist sellers? I went to buy a set of "Snap-on" tools. Nice fake Snap-on cabinet filled with Craftsman tools and about 10% Snap-on. And a seller touting that the brand name does not matter.

Or the rare Vespa I drove a hundred miles to look at that was not the proper year or even a Vespa, or in anyway rare, for that matter. Again, a Craigslist seller. Or a Cushman I recently looked at that was a no-name scooter with a Cushman logo on the side. And not even in the right position for the claimed year and model or the correct decal, even. Again, a CL seller.

Or a vintage Indian Chief that was neither vintage or Indian, just a modern "indian" with fake fenders? Or dealers that want to charge me $80,000.00 for a Harley WLA. Too much money for a fairly common bike and offered by a dealer that is insane.

And I always try to talk the seller down in price. Why pay 500.00 when three one hundred dollar bills and a fifty in plain site is sometimes all you need.

What about uninformed Craigslist sellers that claim a pocket watch made in 1985 is "vintage." Or a seller offering an album filled with pedestrian and cheap postage stamps for sale that he claims is rare? Or a fake Parker 51 I went to look at that turned out to be a homemade pen not worth a bloody darn as is the case with most homemade fountain pens.

And if that 50" Plasma seller does take five hundred or three hundred, I might assume it is hot. For you sellers not in the Fencing industry, it means stolen. And by fencing, I do not mean "men" in tights dancing with rapiers.

Do not get me started.

For the record, just about everything grinds my gears. Like girlfriends that can't use a clutch, they literally grind/ground my gears. She dislikes bikes, banjos, big dogs, collectable bar ware, the Gilroy Garlic Festival, Elvis, hardware stores, drive-ins, vintage trucks, my other girlfriends, cigar smokers, drinkers, and transfats. That really ticks me off, too.

Or girl friends that wont allow me to date their sisters or moms, what's up with that?

And "What's up with that" is a phrase that ticks me off. Like "Ya Feel Me?" or "Dawg." But I am OK with cracker and redneck. Most of my friends are either/or.

The Android Forums color scheme, that has to change too.

Bob

Upvote 0
$525 for the TV. :p

All joking aside, how much are you asking for that TV? I'll probably get one soon, I'm wondering how much you think it's worth.

Oh on the ad I'm listing for $700. I am just so surprised by how many people there that are offering $200-$300 lower than my listing price. I'm just thinking in my head... "Are you f**king kidding me with this?!?" I've received about 8-9 offers, most of them $500. What do they expect offering their MAX price of $500 for a listing that shows $700 for a 2010 50" Samsung Plasma that's still sold at $900 new. I am wanting minimum $650 for it. I feel that it's very reasonable and pretty generous really because the TV has been basically just taken out of the box and put on the TV stand.

I wish I could sell it to you but it's local only because I can't deliver. People in Bloomington, IN and Indianapolis, IN are cheap. :p

Upvote 0
Oh on the ad I'm listing for $700. I am just so surprised by how many people there that are offering $200-$300 lower than my listing price. I'm just thinking in my head... "Are you f**king kidding me with this?!?" I've received about 8-9 offers, most of them $500. What do they expect offering their MAX price of $500 for a listing that shows $700 for a 2010 50" Samsung Plasma that's still sold at $900 new. I am wanting minimum $650 for it. I feel that it's very reasonable and pretty generous really because the TV has been basically just taken out of the box and put on the TV stand.

I wish I could sell it to you but it's local only because I can't deliver. People in Bloomington, IN and Indianapolis, IN are cheap. :p

And I'd buy it!

Even if it wasn't local, the shipping price would be so high that it wouldn't be worth it at all. I don't really feel like paying gas for a 16h drive either. ;)

I wish I'd find a 50 inches 1080p television for such a good price near my city.

Upvote 0
It grinds my gears that I work 48-72 hours a week (no joke) to pay the bills and raise my family, and save a little money just in case. Get taxed to high hell, and go to the market to see some piece of shit welfare abuser buying sodas chips and using their CASH CARD to buy ciggs and beer all on the tax payers dime, then go out to their piece of shit 83 chevy caprice with 30 inch chrome weels and load their 5 kids in the back seat and go back to their section 8 goverment house to get drunk and let their piece of crap kids run around stealing vandalizing and being worthless just like them.

Thanks a lot government, thanks for making me work as much as I do to support other usless familys.

That grinds my gears. If I had my way...

Upvote 0
It grinds my gears that I work 48-72 hours a week (no joke) to pay the bills and raise my family, and save a little money just in case. Get taxed to high hell, and go to the market to see some piece of shit welfare abuser buying sodas chips and using their CASH CARD to buy ciggs and beer all on the tax payers dime, then go out to their piece of shit 83 chevy caprice with 30 inch chrome weels and load their 5 kids in the back seat and go back to their section 8 goverment house to get drunk and let their piece of crap kids run around stealing vandalizing and being worthless just like them.

Thanks a lot government, thanks for making me work as much as I do to support other usless familys.

That grinds my gears. If I had my way...

All I get from this is that you're a stalker. lol

Upvote 0

Everyone is offering around $500 because that's what they are going for. I think that's pretty reasonable. The price of plasma has dropped dramatically since LCD and LED has come out. If I wanted it, my friend is selling a Samsung 55in LCD for $600. He payed right at $1600 for it about 11 months ago. There isn't a mark on it and its one of the best pictures I've ever seen. This is just the price you pay when something is opened and there are better things coming out. It's just business. Lol

Upvote 0
Everyone is offering around $500 because that's what they are going for. I think that's pretty reasonable. The price of plasma has dropped dramatically since LCD and LED has come out. If I wanted it, my friend is selling a Samsung 55in LCD for $600. He payed right at $1600 for it about 11 months ago. There isn't a mark on it and its one of the best pictures I've ever seen. This is just the price you pay when something is opened and there are better things coming out. It's just business. Lol

I sold it for $650. I even offered the buyer to find an equivalent TV for cheaper and I would price match it. He couldn't find a better deal. :) very happy with how things turned out in the end.

I love plasmas for their picture quality and contrast. I just wish they were more efficient, skinnier, and lighter.

Upvote 0
People who claim to know someone or that they themselves can get EVERYTHING for substantially less. Then refuse to back thier claims up. It's funny how the person only works one day a week of you have to call and set up an appointment first and you misplaced the number.

Sure, everyone has at least one hookup for something, but no one can get everything for a song.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones