• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

recovery menu options

natorade93

Aug 17, 2010
New York
when you go into the recovery menu, one of the options is partitions menu and inside that it contains mount /system, mount /data, format boot, format data... ect. what do these all do?

and just an extra if anyone has any knowledge to this do you know which one contains the cache for your gallery? because my photo gallery is showing new pictures as old ones that i deleted. and i cant seam to fix this anyhow. iv tried clearing gallery data, i tried deleting thumbnails and pictures off of memory card, i tried wipe data/ factory reset, wipe cache partition, wipe dalvik, i tryed switching to a different rom, and it still shows the old ones over my new pics. i know in partitions menu, format system reset my gapps when i was having a problem with them. so i was wondering if any of these would help my gallary

any suggestions or info is appreciated :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones