• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Request: Phone Mic Always on via Headset

MRCMidnight

Android Enthusiast
Nov 23, 2011
Oakland, CA
Ok guys, this has been bugging me the past month. I have my headset on with controltalk mic on the cable. Is there anything I can do to make my phone's mic always operative or on when I plug in my headset? Like when I am on call or doing a voice search or input, can I use the bottom phone mic on the triumph to input my voice? There is no setting in my phone that would allow me to do that and my microphone input does not work (not broken) from the controltalk. I wanna make a call and listen to my contacts while in use with my headset. Anyway I can use the phone's mic as an alternative with a headset in use? Thanks.

NOTE:
- Headset is a earphone with a mic in this case.

Currently using:
- Whyzor's TG-Reloaded ROM 2/02, with Why-Kernel 2/08

Reactions: Mobstergunz
I have found my answer, it was on this website somewhere and found this fix, weird how this is done:
For those who can't get the mic to work with the Apple Headset, you have to hold the middle button before plugging it in your phone for it to work.
IT WORKS!
My headset is able to receive voice input and still have output for listening to music and the voice on the other line. :D

And sadly there is still no fix on internal mic to work when headset is plugged, would be great for the earphone folks.

EDIT: However this does fix the voice input but it disables the push button to answer calls and play/pause music.

Reactions: pookworld
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones