• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ringback tones

With dumb phones you went into Verizon's Get It Now to get ringback tones. I have not found something comparable to that with smartphones. But, you can login to your verizon account and choose ringback tones from the tabs at the top. I can't get to the website at the moment so I don't know which tab, but it's like download media or something similar. Then you can set your ring back tones for default and individual callers.

Upvote 0
They do, Mabilo ringtones in market and also have and use mabilo wallpapers. :)

You can do it online via Verizon's website. I had one, but since I couldn't change it on my phone, I disabled it. If you really want one though, you can do it online through the My Verizon site or something like that. A google search should reveal the web address.

Actually screw it, I ran the google search for you.

All set! Click me!

Upvote 0
Personally, I detest ring back tones - it's invariably something that I don't want to listen to for the next 30 seconds (which of course seems like an eternity at the time). Give me a plain old 'ring ring' any day!

To OTD's point, I've been known to say "oh I'm not gonna listen to THAT" and hang up...

Of course it could just be that I'm old and cranky and set in my ways. :)

Upvote 0
I didn't realize people used those. Do you ever get hang ups when people call you?

I actually had people tell me they wish I had waited longer before answering the phone because they were enjoying the music! Automated dialers though choke on it. They interpret the music as an answer and hang up. But it has been my experience that anyone using an automated dialer is likely someone i don't want to talk to in the first place.

Upvote 0
lol i love my ringback tone...Lady Gaga "telephone"

although I try to change it up so it's not the same song for months at a time(like my roommate who has had the same song since christmas)

but it works the same way it does with dumbphones on get it now

they are like 1.99

and the quality of my ringback tone is great...I never had any issue

and besides it tells you to "please wait till the Verizon wireless subscriber you are trying to reach is located" so people know it's like "elevator music" kind of and besides i answer my phone 98% of the time on the first ring which means you only hear the song like 5 seconds

Upvote 0
You do not apply it to your phone, you apply it to your phone number. Means, you go and buy a ringback tone for a limited amount of time from a website, e.g. ect.
Then they set it up for you, although you can also specify details like individual tunes for special callers, like when your girlfriend calls you can select her favourite tune to be played. Costs extra though, i suppose.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones