• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][BOOST/SPRINT][ZVC]Marky Beats v2 beta[updated 7/30]

Please excuse my not being super through... but r u sayin that with this rom the phone will roam (verizion?) If yes, thank you & you rock!
My wife has the Marquee & was about to leave boost for net10 because her job now requires her to travel to the western US alot & as we know Boost is only good if ur in a major city or near the interstate out especially out west. Just wondered over here from my Transform Ultra reading.
I don't mean to be lazy, but if this is possible, I promise to do all my makup homework lol :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Please excuse my not being super through... but r u sayin that with this rom the phone will roam (verizion?) If yes, thank you & you rock!
My wife has the Marquee & was about to leave boost for net10 because her job now requires her to travel to the western US alot & as we know Boost is only good if ur in a major city or near the interstate out especially out west. Just wondered over here from my Transform Ultra reading.
I don't mean to be lazy, but if this is possible, I promise to do all my makup homework lol :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sorry, no Verizon.

Upvote 0
Darnit, Thanks for letting me know tho. Don't suppose it wides the coverage map either lol.
I figured that hope was a leap from hacker to mage, but some threads on this phone drop hints that they're forcing roam, maybe to trick the native tether?
I have no idea...

It will act like it's roaming but won't pick up anything. Atleast those are my findings.

I talked with a guy several months ago that was running a prl that he had found somewhere. He said that he was able to roam on Verizon towers but the signal was crappy. This is the only instance I've ever heard of this happening.

Reactions: copperwerewolf
Upvote 0
clear data form google services framework as well form the play store then reboot

I had this same problem, and after about 45 mins of doing what you suggested, I almost threw my phone against the wall. Then I had an epiphany.

The cache partition is apparently not big enough or is full from some of the apps that come with this ROM. It's a great ROM, but this is it's only flaw for me so far. All I had to do was boot into CWM, choose "wipe cache partition" and reboot. Problem solved.

Upvote 0
I had this same problem, and after about 45 mins of doing what you suggested, I almost threw my phone against the wall. Then I had an epiphany.

The cache partition is apparently not big enough or is full from some of the apps that come with this ROM. It's a great ROM, but this is it's only flaw for me so far. All I had to do was boot into CWM, choose "wipe cache partition" and reboot. Problem solved.

That's a good thing to do anytime you flash a ROM. Going into ADVANCED and wiping the Dalvik is a good thing to do also.

Every time I flash a ROM, I do both the things mentioned here. If it's a different ROM, I'll do a factory reset too. :D

Upvote 0
Hmmmm, what about for Sprint customers that have roaming by default? My other sprint phone roams when I'm at work, so I'd like to make sure my Marquee will still roam with this rom when it needs to...
Thanks!

---Side note, how long are these usually servers down? I was trying to download the Sprint verison :(

You're gonna need to ask someone who uses Sprint I guess.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones