• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Bugless Beast V0.2 FRF57 FROYO - New Release is out!

i'm getting random reboots as well. had to switch back to the stock 2.2 :(

also, how do you disable scripts? it uninstalled facebook, and when i rebooted, it re-uninstalled it! oh dear, that's not good. Goggles wouldn't install either. And neither would maps, but that doesn't work in stock froyo either.

it's so fast and i want to use it...but i can't if i get random reboots, no can do :(

Upvote 0
i'm getting random reboots as well. had to switch back to the stock 2.2 :(

also, how do you disable scripts? it uninstalled facebook, and when i rebooted, it re-uninstalled it! oh dear, that's not good. Goggles wouldn't install either. And neither would maps, but that doesn't work in stock froyo either.

it's so fast and i want to use it...but i can't if i get random reboots, no can do :(

Had you reset your minimum CPU setting from 125 to 250 in SetCPU?

Upvote 0
Had you reset your minimum CPU setting from 125 to 250 in SetCPU?

I just replied to Pete's twitter - mine is set at 400 for the minimum and I get reboots.
Seems to be happening under load. Happened twice while using navi in the car - the worst time for a reboot.

Edit - while running navi on the charger it clocks from 1200 max to 1000 max and the min is still 400

Upvote 0
I just replied to Pete's twitter - mine is set at 400 for the minimum and I get reboots.
Seems to be happening under load. Happened twice while using navi in the car - the worst time for a reboot.

Edit - while running navi on the charger it clocks from 1200 max to 1000 max and the min is still 400

Not good...

I've used navi (but only for a short drive) w/out issue today. Funny, me being the lucky one for a change...zero reboots (stock 800 kernel set to 250 min).

Upvote 0
Holy crap did we get ported to bizaro land?!?

seinfeld101.jpg

Reactions: ska.t73
Upvote 0
Installed the first time with no wipe, bunch of little problems so I wiped and installed. That didn't work at all because I had no apps.
So I wiped and installed BB 0.1, synced all my apps, then updated to 0.2.
Immediately had an android process force close. Wifi isn't working like it should. Randomly having apps disappear from the drawer. Quadrant has disappeared twice, but is still installed.
Random reboots

So far... pretty much a total failure on my droid. I'm glad everything is working well for everyone else though.

Upvote 0
HOW DO I TURN IT OFF! Its never done this before and I cant figure out how to turn it off. I had no idea that something could bother me so much. I can't stand to touch the damn thing right now. I felt as though I have been through every menu (I'm obviously missing something). Went through the list twice and couldn't find it.

Upvote 0
I've been out of the loop since... well yesterday.
Can anyone tell me the problems in the first version and if these problems have been fixed? I read something about someone having to use ADB to disable apps2sd, well ADB has never worked for me so I'd prefer to just stay at what I'm at if that's going to be necessary. I like the idea of auto apps2sd, assuming it works. And I heard there were problems (with auto apps2sd) in the first version. I assume this has been fixed?

Upvote 0
I've been out of the loop since... well yesterday.
Can anyone tell me the problems in the first version and if these problems have been fixed? I read something about someone having to use ADB to disable apps2sd, well ADB has never worked for me so I'd prefer to just stay at what I'm at if that's going to be necessary. I like the idea of auto apps2sd, assuming it works. And I heard there were problems (with auto apps2sd) in the first version. I assume this has been fixed?

I have not flashed this yet, I will shortly. But from what I've read:

- Apps2SD is causing problems, especially with widgets. All apps now automatically go to SD. There is a way to disable it...unfortunately I can't find the link right now but check Pete's FAQ, it says how in there.

-Random reboots are fairly prevalent and it does not seem to be localized to a kernel. Not sure what the cause is yet but I believe Pete is working on changing this and the above problem.

I've also read the people have had the best luck flashing 0.2 on top of 0.1 without wiping.

I'm sure we'd get better feedback from someone that is actually using 0.2.

Edit: Found how to disable Apps2SD: http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-droid/102330-undoing-bb-apps2sd-default.html#post950249

Upvote 0

- Apps2SD is causing problems, especially with widgets. All apps now automatically go to SD. There is a way to disable it...unfortunately I can't find the link right now but check Pete's FAQ, it says how in there.

Edit: Found how to disable Apps2SD: http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-droid/102330-undoing-bb-apps2sd-default.html#post950249

Note - this does not persist across reboots...

Upvote 0

Note - this does not persist across reboots...there is a persistent change, but don't remember where I saw it. I believe Pete is going to change this on the next release.

<Edit> Here's the link to the persistent fix:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bugless/52151-enable-disable-automatic-sd-installations.html

GirLuvsDroid posted what is the easiest way to do it, which is what I did as well...

One big caveat here: if you run that command in terminal emulator, it will be blown away on reboot. If you want to keep it from defaulting back to SD card install, you need to edit the /system/etc/install-recovery.sh file to change "pm setInstallLocation 2" to "pm setInstallLocation 1"

Easiest way to do this is to long-press on that file in Root Explorer, use scroll down to "Open in Text Editor" make the change noted above, then press the soft back key. It will ask if you want to save changes and when you say yes, it will save the original file with a .bak extension.

Reactions: johnlgalt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones