• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] CTMod 3.80 (04/06/13)

Figured I would have to update my prl since I am still running the boost one around here and apparently sprint started up another tower around here but the 3g sucks as always. I have 3g just a very sliver amount of time and mainly stuck on 1x around here. Hope the prl update helps that out.

Ok did the prl update and my phone is still on prl 61008

Upvote 0
That's interesting. I'm not sure if it will help, but I'll rip the prl off my phone in a couple minutes when I get the chance. You can try to manually update it, but like I said, I'm not sure if it'll make a difference for you. I'm assuming it would have gotten it if it would have helped you.

Attachments

• BOOSTPRL.zip
    3.6 KB · Views: 68
Upvote 0
What, if any, error could I have made that would cause me to be unable to turn on access to the SC card by choosing it through the notification window. When I tap the 'USB connected' and then 'Turn on USB Storage', the system tried to mount it for external access and even says 'Turn off USB Storage' but the SD card doesn't show up on my PC like it does with every other Android device I've ever plugged into it. I configured the card to be used as 'Data' with 'Internal Data disabled', and I also have a swapfile on the root of the SD card. The SC card is a 16GB class 10 card.

I can't find anything related to the problem when I search the forum and google. Part of my problem is that I installed CTMod v3.68 for a friend and I don't have access to her phone until tomorrow. I would like to have some ideas for troubleshooting so if anyone is able and willing to suggest some things to try, then I sure will appreciate it.

Thanks, :thinking:
PS: I can access the SD card from within the Android system using any file explorer. I use root explorer.

Solution: I ended up re-installing everything; all the way back to stock root. Now it works fine. Still don't know why the problem was there in the first place.

Upvote 0
mjhealy78, you don't, you must extract the prl to use it. I only zipped it because this site didn't allow for a .prl attachment. To update your prl, on ctmod, you have to return to stock (as far as I'm aware of). You can simply create a backup inside CWM, and then flash either the halfass rom, or use odin to return to a stocky version. You can then go into settings and update your prl from there. If you don't get the update to 61009 (it'll say in settings) you can then use the method found here to manually change it. After all is said and done, restore the backup you made, and the new prl will still be intact.

Edit: I actually just read this about changing prl without returning to stock. Thought I'd throw it out there

HawgHunter, the only time I had this problem, it was actually a faulty usb port on my computer. Have you tried a different port? If this isn't the problem, as a backup till you find what it actually is, you can use airdroid off the market, and I'm sure a couple other apps will allow this, to wirelessly connect your phone/computer.

Upvote 0
HawgHunter, the only time I had this problem, it was actually a faulty usb port on my computer. Have you tried a different port? If this isn't the problem, as a backup till you find what it actually is, you can use airdroid off the market, and I'm sure a couple other apps will allow this, to wirelessly connect your phone/computer.[/QUOTE]
Thank you. I have tried different ports and cables with the same result. I've used Airdroid before and it's a great tool. I didn't think to use it in this case, probably because I had to give the phone back to her before I could do much testing. I may have to teach my friend how to use airdroid though. I'm convinced I did something wrong since no one else seems to have reported this problem with this rom except for fastracer who reported it after I did. Thank you for your input and idea to use airdroid.
:D:D:smokingsomb::smokingsomb::D:D

Upvote 0
first off, wanted to say good work to all...

I like the themes that are currently available, I'm wondering if someone out there could make a pc program to simply creating or editing themes... I have the basic idea of how to change them around, but lacking in more ways than preferred... :/
I would even be happy to help out in any way possible... I've been tinkering with Auto Play Media Studio, which is great for editing themes, but need more knowledge to create themes...

either way, its just an idea... :)

thanx to all...

Upvote 0
first off, wanted to say good work to all...

I like the themes that are currently available, I'm wondering if someone out there could make a pc program to simply creating or editing themes... I have the basic idea of how to change them around, but lacking in more ways than preferred... :/
I would even be happy to help out in any way possible... I've been tinkering with Auto Play Media Studio, which is great for editing themes, but need more knowledge to create themes...

either way, its just an idea... :)

thanx to all...

There are a few theme kitchens on xda maybe here too. Mite not work for prevail but could probly swap out flash files from app installer or something.

Upvote 0
Hi,

while everything runs great with CTMod3.68/Koumakernel, I have a little annoyance and would like to know if there is some sort of a fix to it.

If I get any "Notification", and pull down the transparnt notification area, I have most of the time no "Clear" button at the bottom. But all of a sudden, the "Clear" butten appears again......... It's not a big, big deal, but a little anoying.....

Any fix to make the "Clear-Button" appear always ????

Thanks,

vce

Upvote 0
I noticed, that most of the time I don't get the "Clear" button, I have a notification from the "London Olympic 2012" app......... maybe that's the "problem causer" ! ;)

not every notification can be cleared, like when you plug your phone in and it shows the adb/usb notification, you can't clear that.

if some app is making a notification that can't be cleared and you don't want it just close the app completely or check its settings to see if theres a option to disable it.

Upvote 0
Hi Blood,

thanks for the explanation, but I know that. And this particular app, I could see the clear button or I don't ! It might be the app, since I didn't experience that before....It's weird..... usually All the notification I get ( if I scroll ), I have the "clear", but if I get a London 2012 Result notification, the clear button is maybe there, maybe not.......... Ohhh well........ Only three days more to deal with that ! ;)

Anyway, thanks......

Upvote 0
Hey, Great rom! looks great, and fast as he!!... but, it keeps restarting on me and deleting icons from home screen. Ive ccleared my sd card wiped dalvik, slowed down my voltage control, etc and started fresh. Any ideas?

btw.... I found that 900mhz is as fast as my particular phone likes. Just incase some who max it out are having issues.
I don't think it likes 900 at all... The reboots are a symptom, of instability from overclocking... I bet if u set it at 800 the restarts will stop ;)

Upvote 0
ok...ive givin up on the lag, while on Data Mode, i Know, its the SLOWEST way togo, but gives you more room...but MORE lag...but thought maybe after a while work some tweaks out...
No luck....

So, im going to format, and switch to SSM mode.

Now, from the ORIGINAL post on how to SUCCESSFULLY switch from data to SSM mode, there was alot of hooplah and hocuspocus...

so i deiced to do data at the time...

Now i see, an APK, "SDparter.apk" that KK has, so i wanted to get this straight before i did it....
(ill obviously backup everything to my pc)

So, format the partition...select value,swap..etc in CWM
THEN install CTMOD 3.68...
reboot, choose SSM mode (which i think is still default) if not, then choose it.
swap settings, ill long press and choose...SDCARD
then..Run "SDparter.apk" right?

then after rebooting, it should be on SSM mode and 4th partition, and good togo?

i know there are instructions, but id rather seem someone here say how they did it and it works, 100%

can some one confirm or state their steps they did with this new apk/installs

Upvote 0
Well, I don't know about the switching from DATA to SSM, but I had some issues at first too....... So here are My steps and advise :

1. I used odin to put the base band on ( I used FE16 )
2. I installed CTMod3.68 in CWM, partitioned and formated sd-ext
3. Rebooted and start up the phone
4. Copied APKInstaller.zip to the root of the SD card ( Into APKInstaller.zip, I have put the latest Koumamod1.7.apk )
5. Shut the phone down and booted into CWM
6. Selected Install ZIP from SD Card and installed Koumamod1.7.apk via the APKInstaller.zip
7. Rebooted the phone into CWM and formatted SD-ext again
8. Did a full reboot
9. Went into settings / CTMod Settings / Koumasettings and selected "DATA"
10. Rebootet into CWM and formatted SD-ext again ( Note: Recommendation from Kouma : If you switch, you need to re-format SD-ext )
11. Final reboot and everything is running just fine since !

Hope this helps,

vce

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones