• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] GingerSteem Extreme for LG Esteem MS910

did rom install then wipe/factory reset when i did this my phone reboots to recovery and nothing else can't reload backup any rom nothing will work...i hope this was not done on purpose to mess my phone up but i hope whatever it was there is a fix for this...

It was done on purpose, the previous several hundred posts were all faked just to set you up to screw it up! Haha got ya!!!!

Lol, ok I was just kidding there, it has been said many times to wipe data inside of recovery only otherwise it will get stuck in a recovery bootloop. Flash this zip in recovery and you will be fine!

exitrecovery.zip

Reactions: HoUdInI and gbiggie
Upvote 0
It was done on purpose, the previous several hundred posts were all faked just to set you up to screw it up! Haha got ya!!!!

Lol, ok I was just kidding there, it has been said many times to wipe data inside of recovery only otherwise it will get stuck in a recovery bootloop. Flash this zip in recovery and you will be fine!

exitrecovery.zip

lol nice joke..that would have not been cool if there was not a fix for but ok how do i flash... not to big on the phone lingo i guess

Upvote 0
thank you dude u are the shit!! now i want to use this rom gingeresteem v2 real nice love this out of all the roms i have seen this one is a keeper.. how do i flash this so it will not crash when i d/l apps from market and the sync problem.. don't worrie about a hit and runner im not that kinda person.. ima a donator aswell..im new here but wanna make this my home for android rom and all things root:)

Upvote 0
thank you dude u are the shit!! now i want to use this rom gingeresteem v2 real nice love this out of all the roms i have seen this one is a keeper.. how do i flash this so it will not crash when i d/l apps from market and the sync problem..

Flash it in CWM, then go to the main menu in cwm and select wipe data, then reboot

Reactions: HoUdInI
Upvote 0
No, CWM is the name of the recovery system you boot to using the power button.

ok i have rom manager and root tools and rom toolbox what one of these do i use to flash this rom?

i wanna do this right any help will be good and i will listen

i got it i just go back into recovery and i didnt want to after today but i am now installing rom and will doa wipr from the recovery menu and reboot give me som time im slow at this im not used to loading from recovery

ok so i will do a wipe data/factory reset?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Hold the power button down for a couple of seconds then when the boot menu comes up select RECOVERY. You install the rom from there. Make sure to follow the instructions here http://androidforums.com/esteem-all...riend-rooting-flashing-step-step-guide-3.html exactly.

im running stock rom now nothing in the power down menu to restart in recovery have to do it from rom manager

got it downloaded a app from market and it worked good no problems so far.. one thing i get 3 of every contact from google sync any ideas on how to remove the dupes and in the contacts menu when i press the menu button i get the popup and it like blacked out cant see the menu items

Upvote 0
im running stock rom now nothing in the power down menu to restart in recovery have to do it from rom manager

Have you even bothered to read the VALUABLE information in the link that biggie and I referred you to? Are you even rooted for that matter?

Whichever the case, that information is the full and completely comprehensive answer to your question. You said you want to make sure to do it right, the first step to doing so is to READ the information that other kind people have spent a good deal of time and effort preparing for us!

As biggie pointed out, you CAN load the rom from rom manager - BUT only a fool would flash a rom without having CWM or other recovery system available.

So, read the information, follow the instructions, install CWM, and go from there. The root guide I referenced will point you to an all in one script that roots your phone and installs CWM, if you are already rooted when you run the AIO it will do no harm but just take a couple of extra minutes to complete.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: gbiggie
Upvote 0
+1 ^^^
Dont be shy InFeCtEdxGaMeR click
pyn565mgp5kouxfb4bi9.gif
pD1f8CKH7L+B91biqsgqMwcAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC
;):rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Have you even bothered to read the VALUABLE information in the link that biggie and I referred you to? Are you even rooted for that matter?

Whichever the case, that information is the full and completely comprehensive answer to your question. You said you want to make sure to do it right, the first step to doing so is to READ the information that other kind people have spent a good deal of time and effort preparing for us!

As biggie pointed out, you CAN load the rom from rom manager - BUT only a fool would flash a rom without having CWM or other recovery system available.

So, read the information, follow the instructions, install CWM, and go from there. The root guide I referenced will point you to an all in one script that roots your phone and installs CWM, if you are already rooted when you run the AIO it will do no harm but just take a couple of extra minutes to complete.

Hope this helps!

ok i and i have read this and now have more knowledge about roms now and everthing else.. and yes i am rooted had to downgrade to zvb to root but am rooted

Upvote 0
Yes my battery life is terrible as well :-( I'm running setcpu ondemand at 1.5 Max 248 min, screen off 576 Max 245 min and drops from 100% battery to 14% overnight with only wifi on and all apps closed. This is based on 8 hours of doing nothing but sleep. I'm running esteem extreem 1.0 with plague 2.6.35.7 kernel. Love the rom but hate battery life! Also, the menu buttons on the bottom of the screen randomly disappear and reappear so it makes it hard getting to the app drawer when it does that..

Any ideas? :-(

Upvote 0
Yes my battery life is terrible as well :-( I'm running setcpu ondemand at 1.5 Max 248 min, screen off 576 Max 245 min and drops from 100% battery to 14% overnight with only wifi on and all apps closed. This is based on 8 hours of doing nothing but sleep. I'm running esteem extreem 1.0 with plague 2.6.35.7 kernel. Love the rom but hate battery life!

I can't believe this but I am finally pretty happy with my battery life! I unplugged it more than 17 hours ago and it still has 9% left, and I noticed that the lower it goes the slower it seems to go down - I tried calibrating it but I don't think that the battery indicator is as linear as one might expect. I used the phone moderately for the entire time and also had wireless, bluetooth and GPS on all the time!

Running GingerSteem Extreme v 1.1 (GSE-1.5-signed.zip) but it is labelled in the same release message as 1.0 so maybe its the same one you have? Same kernel at any rate... setcpu 1200/122 smartass2 full time 3500 mAh battery (only $10 on ebay!)

Upvote 0
I can't believe this but I am finally pretty happy with my battery life! I unplugged it more than 17 hours ago and it still has 9% left, and I noticed that the lower it goes the slower it seems to go down - I tried calibrating it but I don't think that the battery indicator is as linear as one might expect. I used the phone moderately for the entire time and also had wireless, bluetooth and GPS on all the time!

Running GingerSteem Extreme v 1.1 (GSE-1.5-signed.zip) but it is labelled in the same release message as 1.0 so maybe its the same one you have? Same kernel at any rate... setcpu 1200/122 smartass2 full time 3500 mAh battery (only $10 on ebay!)

Ill give it a shot. Maybe I do need an extended battery. Is it one from Hong kong? Hope I don't have to wait 30 days to receive it :p

Upvote 0
i cant install apps!!! lol if i try to instal facebook or certain apps it says this app isnt compatible with this device why is thatn how do i fix?

im on gingersteam extreme

just flashed to g2 and ummm yeah stil having the same issue im its zvc of course

wiped data/factory rest cache partition wiped dalvik cache wiped and flashed and then wiped data/factory reset again and stillll cant download facebook or other apps?? hmmmm any ideas what i should do

fixed it hahahahaha!!! after playing around with it i fially got it to freakin work sheesh btw

oc to 2.0ghz and its running greaaaatt!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones