• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] GingerSteem Extreme for LG Esteem MS910

Hey playful I looked around and maybe I'm overlooking but I can't get YouTube to work. It loads the home pages but when I click a video it just loads. I'm on this rom with phone candy 1.7 theme. Any help would be appreciated.

That happened to me before. If you're talking about the YouTube app I reinstalled and it worked again.

Sent from my LG-MS910 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Reactions: DTowns Finest
Upvote 0
a few nights ago. I restored my backup of this room that i had when i was on zvb. this was over top of a ZVD firmware. then i installed the ZVD plague kernel. and i tell you what. my phone has not performed as well as it does not with any other combo rom/firmware.

sadly the only thing that i feel is missing. is the cmscreenshot that the other rom has.

on a side note. is it possible to completely remove 100 percent sype from this rom ? or the other versions of your roms. by remove i mean do it my self. im not expecting you to remove it for the roms you distribute :)

Upvote 0
Just did a fresh flash of 1.5 and market said apps werent compatible. So of course changed the lcd density back to stock 240 from 220 rebooted wiped data in market, and still says incompatible. So wiped data in market again, rebooted and still not compatible, so did it all again and rebooted then rebooted into recovery and wiped cache and dalvik and still have the problem......help? :D

Nevermind 5th times a charm :D

Upvote 0
any new rom that work properly with zvd and must i need to have the phone activated with metro in order to do put a new rom or i can make it just with the wifi service.

Absolutly! You can download the links to a CPU to transfer to the EX SD and flash them that way. Your options are all container in here.
http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?p=3617400
Welcome to AF:)

Upvote 0
I love this rom. Fast boot up, no reboot issues with overclocking etc.
One question tho, my Pandora app while untethered from power will stop after each song and wait for me to unlock the phone, then the small msg box will appear saying superuser giving access and the next song will start. But when it's on charge and i'm listening thru headphones there is no issues. I even changed in superuser preferences to grant instead of prompt for use. Any ideas?
Thx jim

Upvote 0
Hello guys!

I have a tedious problem and was wondering if you guys could help me solve it. I install this ROM some time ago (you can see my old posts on this thread) And everything was working PERFECTLY! I love it. Today I was going to sell my LG Esteem, and I did a "Factory Reset". This took me to the ClockworkMod Recovery Menu. From there I selected the "Wipe data/factory reset" option. I guess it wiped out everything like it is suppose to. Then it took me to the ClockworkMod menu again and i selected "Reboot system now". What happened next was; It presented the LG logo, then it took me back again to the clockworkMod menu... >.>

I have tried everything so far but it keeps taking me back to the ClockworkMod menu. Can't get out of that loop. I tried to restore it to the 1st backup I made before installing this ROM, and when it booted, it still took me to the ClockworkMod. So that is my situation. Does anybody know what happened here and how to fix it plz?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones