• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] MTDEV-CM7 build 2013-03-03

@G60 - I seem to be having trouble with that microphone muting during the middle of a phone call again.

Chris, were you able to un-mute your phone during the call? If not, does it stay muted for following calls?

I haven't seen the muting problem on my MT but my wife had a similar problem on her zte warp with a custom rom. On her phone (and others reported the same thing) the muting goes away if she goes to speaker (i.e. hands-free) mode.

Upvote 0
I think it's Sprint's network, I've been having the same issues for about two weeks myself, regardless of which ROM I flash (I'm in NC by the way). I wrote to Virgin about it and only got a form letter saying "Sorry for the inconvenience."

+1
I'm in NC too and this week both towers I connect to at work seem to be 1x only. It'll try to go 3g, but in 1-2 seconds reverts back to 1x. Forcing evdo only gets me nothing.

On the way home, the other 3-4 towers I hit are getting 3g and more normal speeds.

Definitely a Sprint/VM thing. Hope they get it ironed out soon.

Upvote 0
I want to keep all my apps and data with re-download again from market. Can i do upgrade the rom without a full wipe data/factory reset & advanced -> dalvik-cache in recovery mode. I'm running a 20120819 built and looking to upgrade to 20120915 built.

Another option, besides Ti backup, is AppExtractor. It can pull apps/data/call logs/text messages from the clockwork mod back up that you always do anyway. I use it a lot.

Also Ti backup has the ability to make itself into a flashable "update.zip" that you can flash along with gapps after a fresh install. Speeds things up a little.

Upvote 0
Another option, besides Ti backup, is AppExtractor. It can pull apps/data/call logs/text messages from the clockwork mod back up that you always do anyway. I use it a lot.

Also Ti backup has the ability to make itself into a flashable "update.zip" that you can flash along with gapps after a fresh install. Speeds things up a little.

+1 on appextractor

Upvote 0
Chris, were you able to un-mute your phone during the call? If not, does it stay muted for following calls?

I haven't seen the muting problem on my MT but my wife had a similar problem on her zte warp with a custom rom. On her phone (and others reported the same thing) the muting goes away if she goes to speaker (i.e. hands-free) mode.

Hmm.. that's strange.

Yes, I was able to un-mute the phone by toggling on/off the mute button or by going to speaker. And no it doesn't stay muted for next phone call until it decided to happen again.

Its kinda funny because you don't know when it happens unless the person doesn't respond to what you're saying or they just rudely talk right over you lol.

I noticed it happens more often when I'm making long phone calls. I didn't seem to have the issue with my previous build (mtdev-cm7 8/5).

Upvote 0
well, as a matter of fact I have. not the governor but the frequency is 245-1209. I'll back the max down to default 1024 and try. g60 no problems when I was stock.. 915 clean flash. wipe 3 times. Well, that worked so, I guess don't bump the max freq..

Not everyone can get away with overclocking. I would think that 1.2GHz isn't bad at all. Maybe if your charging the phone can get hot enough, but I don't know.

Upvote 0
screenshot-1348099546114.png

screenshot-1348099569411.png

screenshot-1348099580621.png

At least I know my phone is going to sleep.:D

EDIT: I'm playing with stuff
screenshot-1348099580621.png

What am I doing wrong?

Upvote 0
Not everyone can get away with overclocking. I would think that 1.2GHz isn't bad at all. Maybe if your charging the phone can get hot enough, but I don't know.

Yea, 1.2 is nothing. i can get 1.7 stable but i run it at 1.6. when overclocking it is really just the luck of the draw just like a desktop processor. if i couldn't get 1.5 ide get it replaced.

Upvote 0
All this is, is the same kernel with all but the 2GHz frequency enabled.:hello:

:listen:What I would like for you to do is run it for a day or more and post a screen shot of the usage table from system tuner or the data shown in setCPU

:deal:What I am trying to do is see if some of the frequencies are used enough to justify their existance. This should reduce the load caused by the governor landing on a frequency that isn't high enough and then having to bump again. Of corse this will affect the governors that don't do the bounce thing to make a fake , in between frequency.

:shakehands:Let me know.

PS, I'm testing it now myself:hmmmm:

interactive/cfq 2 days

ygehequh.jpg

Reactions: dsmryder
Upvote 0
I tried running at the 1900 frequency to see if the test would show which frequencies actually work, though it is a really short test, I dropped down to the next frequency after the third time it rebooted, but here are the stats for the 1900 test, next I went down to 1800 but this frequency caused immediate reboot so I dropped to 1700 and am currently testing that

Attachments

• screenshot-1348157447228.png
    screenshot-1348157447228.png
    134.3 KB · Views: 96
  • screenshot-1348157461718.png
    screenshot-1348157461718.png
    134.4 KB · Views: 78
Reactions: dsmryder
Upvote 0
I tried running at the 1900 frequency to see if the te ld show which frequencies actually work, though it is a really short test, I dropped down to the next frequency after the third time it rebooted, but here are the stats for the 1900 test, next I went down to 1800 but this frequency caused immediate reboot so I dropped to 1700 and am currently testing that

While I do appreciate the post, I really need a test over a much longer time. 1 minute just isn't repetitive of normal use though out the week.

Upvote 0
While I do appreciate the post, I really need a test over a much longer time. 1 minute just isn't repetitive of normal use though out the week.

Yes I know that longer test are needed, it was more of an attempt to confirm what, anecdotally I already knew, that 1900 does not work, and 1800 does not work, just thought it might be good to test the higher speeds and see if any of them are stable enough to use, right now 1700 is working pretty well, so I'm rather hopeful that this might mean 1700 is the functional point rather than 1500

Upvote 0
Yes I know that longer test are needed, it was more of an attempt to confirm what, anecdotally I already knew, that 1900 does not work, and 1800 does not work, just thought it might be good to test the higher speeds and see if any of them are stable enough to use, right now 1700 is working pretty well, so I'm rather hopeful that this might mean 1700 is the functional point rather than 1500

Oh,ok. When the first kernels were coming out they didn't limit the start up speed. At that time the max speed was 1.9, and was at boot. My phone worked fine. As far as the test goes, I'm more worried about below 1GHz.

Upvote 0
There are some frequencies missing from your list, 24 (not worried about this one), 368, 460, 806, and 921. Are you using the kernel I made?

there are frequencies missing, those that are not used at all. cpu spy lists unused frequencies below the rest.

screenshot_1348208900405.png

screenshot_1348208909885.png

another day of running too... lol

edit: 24, 368, 460, 806 are not options.

Upvote 0

i ran 1700 without issue through benchmarks and stress tests for hours one night. the following day i ramped up to it(from 1600) to play a game and the phone rebooted nearly immediately. i haven't tested it since then so i cant say more.

Upvote 0
09/21/2012
∙ Major improvements in video 19fps
∙ Multiple libs replaced to help with more stability

Happy Friday! Chairshot has been a busy man but his job has just got easier. Since scouting around and looking all over the place on xda to solve the camera for CM9, I found an app called Hex-Rays. This app helps us pinpoint which lib files point to other lib files. Before Chairshot was picking one lib and trying it, and then another and trying it. Now with Hex-Rays you open the lib file and it tells us which ones are needed to make it work properly. These egl drivers for video at still the stock but as you can see we went from 11fps to 19fps. Also you may notice flicker is a little better. Our hopes is by now figuring out which libs are needed we may be able to resolve the flicker issue.

Enjoy :D

Upvote 0
Having very good luck with Temple Run on this one but with that said believe there are a few different things going on with that game. For one I picked up a nice expensive high class SD card and that made a big difference but also found that before flashing that if I uninstall the App and delete its file on the SD card under Android/data before flashing or if I wipe its data in application settings followed by deleting the sd card data and caches in recovery it runs much smoother. Will need to let me know though as there is still some fine tuning that can be done but I had played for about 45 minutes yesterday without issue.

Big up to G60 for the find on the hex software, thing is a game changer and then some.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones