• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM]Party Time JB 3.0.X

Go luck, I've tried on several different occasions, with no luck, touchwiz is hard coded everwhere!

I'm starting to like it's features, why don't you try unlocking all the hidden features, most are in settings and framework, with a couple of xml edits and added apks and libs, you can do alot, I've gotten the sidebar to show it's self, popup video player working, custom recommended shortcuts (earphones)
Stock launcher with 360

Upvote 0
For the record...I did this way faster than any of you guys expected...and I'm still theming I just keep messing up and then starting from scratch haha...it's a bit more intensive than a lot of this other stuff

Even more themes and less Samsung stuff? I'd be happy to see it. You know I'll be happy to test anything. Also I'll be posting a review of using this now for a couple days now, maybe its been a week? I dunno. Lol

Das Review:

So far everything is working order. The phone is just damn snappy. Thanks to the MiRaGe Kernel this thing is freaking smooth. All the removed bloatware helps too. Using Apollo as opposed to Play Music has made me happy beyond belief (maybe make that a default in future releases?). I use the phone quite a bit throughout the day. Like Facebook, Music, Snapchat, Instagram, Tumblr. A lot. Still at the end of the day I have a bit of battery to spare and so no gripes at all. The Beats logo when headphones are in still makes me all kinds of happy because it adds an air of higher end audio to the phones look. Some of my friends favorite things happen to be my boot animation. The Drake at the start always turns heads when I'm showing it off, so props to that. I don't have any problems whatsoever running apps (oops nvm, google hangouts won't let me video call, idk why). I can confirm that 1.8 oc works, as I have been using it. Though I keep it on 1.7 because I'm a worrier. ahaha. I'm currently using Buzz Launcher, because I have a theme that I think looks beautiful. All in all, my phone is so damn presentable and usable and smooth that I have had friends of mine asking me to root their stuff too. :p

Good job SB for gutting the damn Stock ROM and themeing her all pretty like (Especially Play music. My god, I can't say it enough.)
And props to Mgr for making a kernel that makes this phone as smooth as I have ever seen it.

Reactions: superboy4444
Upvote 0
Even more themes and less Samsung stuff? I'd be happy to see it. You know I'll be happy to test anything. Also I'll be posting a review of using this now for a couple days now, maybe its been a week? I dunno. Lol

Das Review:

So far everything is working order. The phone is just damn snappy. Thanks to the MiRaGe Kernel this thing is freaking smooth. All the removed bloatware helps too. Using Apollo as opposed to Play Music has made me happy beyond belief (maybe make that a default in future releases?). I use the phone quite a bit throughout the day. Like Facebook, Music, Snapchat, Instagram, Tumblr. A lot. Still at the end of the day I have a bit of battery to spare and so no gripes at all. The Beats logo when headphones are in still makes me all kinds of happy because it adds an air of higher end audio to the phones look. Some of my friends favorite things happen to be my boot animation. The Drake at the start always turns heads when I'm showing it off, so props to that. I don't have any problems whatsoever running apps (oops nvm, google hangouts won't let me video call, idk why). I can confirm that 1.8 oc works, as I have been using it. Though I keep it on 1.7 because I'm a worrier. ahaha. I'm currently using Buzz Launcher, because I have a theme that I think looks beautiful. All in all, my phone is so damn presentable and usable and smooth that I have had friends of mine asking me to root their stuff too. :p

Good job SB for gutting the damn Stock ROM and themeing her all pretty like (Especially Play music. My god, I can't say it enough.)
And props to Mgr for making a kernel that makes this phone as smooth as I have ever seen it.

Sounds good man

Reactions: MTdude
Upvote 0
ega6abyp.jpg
y8yme7a9.jpg

yjegeduq.jpg

Making some progress in theming
Can't figure out why battery only shows while charging...

Upvote 0
Wow...easiest phone to root in the world... [APP][ROOT] Android 4.1.2 Rooting Universal Method - xda-developers if you follow the screenshots it is super easy! it's in an Asian language so there is no way I could do this without those screen shots haha...but it really was super easy to get root back! now lets try to get a recovery to stick haha

Upvote 0
superboy4444, I hope you get your phone up because you're a HUGE asset to the Reverb community.

Now onto the problems I've noticed or had with the rom :) .......
Ticker problems...
News tells me to choose a country but when I try I get an open with dialog.
Finance forces a reboot as soon as I hit the my stocks button.
I don't do Facebook so I couldn't check out that option.

Screen Candy problems...
No options when Selected candy is pressed.
Try it! does nothing.
Screen Candy never comes up.

I assume from your screenshots that both of these features should be working?

Everything else seems to be working great.
Loving the added Beats and Beats Icon when headphones are plugged in.

Lastly...
Was VM's My Account app supposed to change to a non working MobileZone app???

EDIT: Welcome back!! A party aint a party without superboy4444

Upvote 0
superboy4444, I hope you get your phone up because you're a HUGE asset to the Reverb community.

Now onto the problems I've noticed or had with the rom :) .......
Ticker problems...
News tells me to choose a country but when I try I get an open with dialog.
Finance forces a reboot as soon as I hit the my stocks button.
I don't do Facebook so I couldn't check out that option.

Screen Candy problems...
No options when Selected candy is pressed.
Try it! does nothing.
Screen Candy never comes up.

I assume from your screenshots that both of these features should be working?

Everything else seems to be working great.
Loving the added Beats and Beats Icon when headphones are plugged in.

Lastly...
Was VM's My Account app supposed to change to a non working MobileZone app???

EDIT: Welcome back!! A party aint a party without superboy4444

Hey man thanks for the input, and thanks for the support. These are all issues that I have actually found out and so I am trying to figure them out...I actually have a fix for the ticker, I just haven't yet put it up for some reason...I honestly don't know why haha...but now I am working on some theming which I hate but it looks good so...

Yeah, if you wanna sneak peak, open the attachment

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1382554364686.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1382554364686.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 95
Upvote 0
Hey man thanks for the input, and thanks for the support. These are all issues that I have actually found out and so I am trying to figure them out...I actually have a fix for the ticker, I just haven't yet put it up for some reason...I honestly don't know why haha...but now I am working on some theming which I hate but it looks good so...

Yeah, if you wanna sneak peak, open the attachment

I've been hoping that someone would take on the challenge of theming us away from all the cartoony colors of TouchWiz and Samsung's settings. Looking very forward to installing your next whenever you feel its ready.
In the mean time the current version is more than ready to be a DD.

Battery Life is AMAZING.
Is Party Time pre-overclocked because this rom makes my phone ridiculously faster than it's ever been, and I haven't even OC'd yet.

All the issues that I previously noted are not even very major to me as the ticker and Screen Candy are just extras. So whenever they get fixed it'll just be icing on the Party Time cake.

Upvote 0
I've been hoping that someone would take on the challenge of theming us away from all the cartoony colors of TouchWiz and Samsung's settings. Looking very forward to installing your next whenever you feel its ready.
In the mean time the current version is more than ready to be a DD.

Battery Life is AMAZING.
Is Party Time pre-overclocked because this rom makes my phone ridiculously faster than it's ever been, and I haven't even OC'd yet.

All the issues that I previously noted are not even very major to me as the ticker and Screen Candy are just extras. So whenever they get fixed it'll just be icing on the Party Time cake.

Thanks man, and yeah it's a bit of a challenge haha

Upvote 0
Cool I haven't rooted my reverb ever since I got a new one from Vm I haven't really had time between school and work to do much of anything I wont banter you with my petty talk though. I'm gonna try and root and such over the next few days wish me luck! And thanks for the link you posted to the xda universal root method!

Super easy man haha just is Chinese so you have to follow the screen shots

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones