• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM]Party Time JB 3.0.X

So I downloaded the 3.0.3 this morning; installed it, and basically just "daily drove" it.
The install went over without a hitch. Which in and of itself was awesome because of the HELL that I went thru with the last offering...(Remember, SB? LOL).

So far, I don't have ANY issues whatsoever to report-it's running GREAT @ 1.513Ghz No-Frills CPU O.C.; very smooth.
Love the lock-screen...matches my boot animation (Nexus colored sparkling spray-in from the sides).

Kinda don't care for the audio during boot-up...not a rap fan; so THAT'S gonna go bye-bye.

All in all, another great assembly here, SB!

I'll probably try and push the O.C. daily just to find out where, or IF it wigs out and give more feedback; I DO know that it'll be my daily driver for the foreseeable future.

Again; GREAT JOB BRO! PROPS!!:rock:

Peace,
Sox

Reactions: superboy4444
Upvote 0
So I downloaded the 3.0.3 this morning; installed it, and basically just "daily drove" it.
The install went over without a hitch. Which in and of itself was awesome because of the HELL that I went thru with the last offering...(Remember, SB? LOL).

So far, I don't have ANY issues whatsoever to report-it's running GREAT @ 1.513Ghz No-Frills CPU O.C.; very smooth.
Love the lock-screen...matches my boot animation (Nexus colored sparkling spray-in from the sides).

Kinda don't care for the audio during boot-up...not a rap fan; so THAT'S gonna go bye-bye.

All in all, another great assembly here, SB!

I'll probably try and push the O.C. daily just to find out where, or IF it wigs out and give more feedback; I DO know that it'll be my daily driver for the foreseeable future.

Again; GREAT JOB BRO! PROPS!!:rock:

Peace,
Sox

it will wig out if you push it anything past 1.709 haha

Upvote 0
Awesome rom!

I have been runnign this rom for 24 hours now!
I have been running it at 1.8gHz and have not had any issues at all. Running very fast and smooth.

Battery life is actually better then stock even with the OC. I played on the phone all day today and I just had to plug it in to charge it at 22%!

I have been reading others having all kinds of different issues with the rom I haven't had any of the issues!

When I flash a rom I always wipe/factory reset, then wape davlink, then format system, then format sdcard (not extsdcard) and right after the install i do another wipe/factory reset!

If your having issues with the rom reflash it using the steps I did so you make sure all other traces of the old roms are gone and you should be fine!

I hope this helps everyone out!

Upvote 0
And I'm working really hard on getting the stock aosp lock screen without using xposed...from there I plan on converting the whole phone to aosp and to completely remove any traces of Samsung...it may be difficult and I might not even finish...but I will try

OK; this is where the total noob :stupid: greenhorn in me shows. WHAT does this post mean, without being too technical.
I know enough that it means open source or 'vanilla' android, but how would that translate into the Reverb? Isn't it like, locked down...permanently, by Samsung?

I know that there are phones that you can buy that are ALREADY in the 'vanilla' state, but I've also heard that you can indeed "unlock" some phones, but does that mean from just the carrier, or is it from the phone's manufacturer as well?

Seems that you'd have to stick a pindot size stick of 'cyber-dynamite' into the phone to unlock it...or any other phone for that matter...

Peace,
Sox

Upvote 0
And I'm working really hard on getting the stock aosp lock screen without using xposed...from there I plan on converting the whole phone to aosp and to completely remove any traces of Samsung...it may be difficult and I might not even finish...but I will try

Go luck, I've tried on several different occasions, with no luck, touchwiz is hard coded everwhere!

I'm starting to like it's features, why don't you try unlocking all the hidden features, most are in settings and framework, with a couple of xml edits and added apks and libs, you can do alot, I've gotten the sidebar to show it's self, popup video player working, custom recommended shortcuts (earphones)
Stock launcher with 360

Upvote 0
You've got a much better shot at building AOSP from source rather than trying to peel back all the different layers of touchwiz.

Its got its teeth dug in DEEP

That's not to say you can't make a touchwiz ROM look AOSP, but from the sounds of it that's not what you're truly wanting.

it does have its teeth in deep, but i've tried the alternative method and it doesn't seem to be working for me. any tips?

Upvote 0
SB...question:

Did it stop charging; or did it rapidly dis-charge? Because Tuesday morning, I got up, did my normal routine (which includes removing my phone from the charge plug...and I know it said 'charged' on the lockscreen).
When I got to work...1/2 hr. of drive time...I pulled the phone out of my pocket, and it was hot, and the batt. indicator was in the red and it said 'connect to your charger' on the lockscreen.

Since then, I've charged it 4x, usually at night before knocking out for bed, and it's been fine.

So I just wanted to ask if that's ever happened to you?...

If you've got correspondence to this, start another thread, and we'll pick it up there, that way we don't hijack this one...

Peace,
Sox

Yeah it's a loose component in the charging port...still under warranty though so all good

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones