• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root for Fierce 2?

Link? Also have you tried contacting them? If not I can try ☺

I installed a few apps, a little music, 5 pictures and a 20 second video with the internal SD. The phone stopped doing ANYTHING! I couldn't make or receive calls, or launch a browser.
I'm going the other way now and trying to partition the emergency SD I had to buy today so I can get link2sd to send apps to my new SD. It looks like I need root though. I lost some important files when i partitioned my SD today and still can't use the program because I need root. Ugh this sucks! Did I ask if anyone has rooted this yet? :-/ :)

Upvote 0
Link? Also have you tried contacting them? If not I can try ☺

This post was music to my ears.I couldn't make a call or get on the internet or open a browser this morning with this phone because my internal memory was all ate up. Now I'd like to use link2sd to move my apps SD, but I have to partition my new SD card and I'm finding out that I can't do that without root access.

To FU on my previous post, I was able to spoof as a PC to send a Moneygram without rooting. I used chrome PC emulator. Also, you can spoof your caller ID with voxox it's a good program it's free and it's as good as hangout dialer (without Google contacts).

Reactions: viperdink
Upvote 0
Thanks HUAWEIu8652 I'll let you know if I find out anything. Also, it appears that the RAM is small. What good is a quad core with crappy RAM????? I'm finding that by partitioning your external SD, you can use part of the SD as RAM. Oh the possibilities with root access. :-O!!!!

Sorry, didn't realize i posted a partial dupe. :-(

Upvote 0
Do you guys know anything about UnlockLocks.COM - The world's #1 Cell phone Unlock Codes Provider. Right off, they are lying about 24/7 live support unless I just can't find it ANYWHERE on their page. Anyone have experience with them or have real reviews? If so, I'll pay for the code tonight and let you know by tomorrow. I think a root will eventually come through some starving student developer because it's a phone with great potential and it's dirt cheap. It will just take time. Don't if I can wait though. I may have to sell it if it's longer than a week or 2.

Upvote 0
Do you guys know anything about UnlockLocks.COM - The world's #1 Cell phone Unlock Codes Provider. Right off, they are lying about 24/7 live support unless I just can't find it ANYWHERE on their page. Anyone have experience with them or have real reviews? If so, I'll pay for the code tonight and let you know by tomorrow. I think a root will eventually come through some starving student developer because it's a phone with great potential and it's dirt cheap. It will just take time. Don't if I can wait though. I may have to sell it if it's longer than a week or 2.

You understand that site is for carrier unlocking and has nothing to do with unlocking a bootloader to obtain root, yeah?
Thanks HUAWEIu8652 I'll let you know if I find out anything. Also, it appears that the RAM is small. What good is a quad core with crappy RAM????? I'm finding that by partitioning your external SD, you can use part of the SD as RAM. Oh the possibilities with root access. :-O!!!!

If you attempt to use your SD card as ram (by adding virtual memory to Android) expect to burn it out quickly. And for most things to run rather slowly.

Reactions: Ahansome
Upvote 0
You understand that site is for carrier unlocking and has nothing to do with unlocking a bootloader to obtain root, yeah?

If you attempt to use your SD card as ram (by adding virtual memory to Android) expect to burn it out quickly. And for most things to run rather slowly.

Had no idea EarlyMon. Thanks for the clarification, but all we have heard about are the impossibilities . Should we have any hope here? Is there anything you can suggest as a possibility?

Upvote 0
Had no idea EarlyMon. Thanks for the clarification, but all we have heard about are the impossibilities . Should we have any hope here? Is there anything you can suggest as a possibility?

You just never know about root exploits, so no idea there on a time line.

As for virtual memory via an SD card - that comes down to simple and very well known kernel methods and sd card read-write lifetimes - no surprises are going to happen on that one. Sorry but there it is.

Upvote 0
Really hoping someone can find a root method for this phone. Seems like a decent ROM could be built from the stock firmware. It is very close to stock android without much modification. Also there is an option to use the external SD card as the default write disk which is pretty awesome. This allows you to get a lot more use out of the phone's 1.7gb of internal storage since when you download a new app, only the apk has to be stored on the internal memory and all the apps data can be stored on the SD card. A custom ROM will be nice but I'd settle for root & recovery.

Upvote 0
Everything good about the phone and if you need more typing aaccuracy then going to settings and disabling swype and google voice to get the stock keyboard i noticed that typing is excellent and when pressing on screen icons you need to kinda like tap it.

SJ^3* _&^**)&&*$ K f&e\7 +# ~~ . . . Sorry. I'm noticing that Android KB however isn't as efficient as it is on my LG. :D

Thanks! I'll try your suggestion.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones