• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root for Fierce 2?

Oh that? The little argument about saying good bye in a root thread? Its a lol.

I do agree, on the other hand, how much profit do they really make selling this phone in particular? They want it to be a one and done situation instead of replacing it upon Bork's.

Also, do you realize how much crap is asking for root in this software? When you find "trusted credentials" in this thing, its crazy. Go daddy, ad trust, cyber trust, america online, equifax, gte, "japanese government", rsa security, "government root certification authority", visa and wells forgo. And theyre is alot more!!!

If the customer had root its like losing sponsors and they'll have to jack the phone up another $100.

Upvote 0
Okay so don't get your hopes up..this post isn't about me finding root access..but I'm not sure if many of you know this...but after enabling developer options.. Believe it or not.. You can switch your runtime from dalvik to ART.

For those of you who don't know.. ART was implemented into Android for phones with low specs/ram. It helps your phone run far more efficiently. I'm going to test it out.

Reactions: apvm
Upvote 0
Okay so don't get your hopes up..this post isn't about me finding root access..but I'm not sure if many of you know this...but after enabling developer options.. Believe it or not.. You can switch your runtime from dalvik to ART.

For those of you who don't know.. ART was implemented into Android for phones with low specs/ram. It helps your phone run far more efficiently. I'm going to test it out.

Thanks, found that on my Telus (Canada) One Touch Pop Icon 7040T too, will it out. By the way the Pop Icon is the same phone as the Fierce 2.

Upvote 0
one can eliminate lag simply by disabling and/or uninstalling (where possible) all the metro bloat. snappy touchscreen for me. but this lack of internal memory is a joke (kinda like Alcatel); nonsensical they care so much about locked bootloader as they'd sell a lot more units w/ root, no question, and in doing so doesn't hurt the carrier because unlock is readily available. STUPID.

Reactions: Zeroastros
Upvote 0
one can eliminate lag simply by disabling and/or uninstalling (where possible) all the metro bloat. snappy touchscreen for me. but this lack of internal memory is a joke (kinda like Alcatel); nonsensical they care so much about locked bootloader as they'd sell a lot more units w/ root, no question, and in doing so doesn't hurt the carrier because unlock is readily available. STUPID.

You can get around the lack of internal storage space by setting the external SD card as the default storage for app data.

Upvote 0
and how does one accomplish that exactly w/o a functioning link2sd?

In the phone's storage settings, you'll see the "Default Write Disc" option and select "SD Card" instead of "Phone Storage". The core apk or application file(anywhere from 1 to 50MB) will still be stored in the phones internal memory but, any additional data the app needs will stored on the external SD card. I have 15 apps(three are large one GB+ games) installed on my phone and I still have over 1 GB of free internal storage space.

Upvote 0
How much free RAM so you guys have available? I get about 157MBs I don't have much apps installed and I've looked at the apps running and it doesn't add up?

I usually have anywhere from 300 to 370MB of RAM available at anytime. I have 15 apps installed(three of which are large games). I also uninstalled most of the stock apps that can be uninstalled and disabled 28 of the stock apps I don't use. I think disabling apps that you don't use is a good way to save system resources and a little ram space. Do you clear apps from the multitasking tab when you close them?

Upvote 0
I usually have anywhere from 300 to 370MB of RAM available at anytime. I have 15 apps installed(three of which are large games). I also uninstalled most of the stock apps that can be uninstalled and disabled 28 of the stock apps I don't use. I think disabling apps that you don't use is a good way to save system resources and a little ram space. Do you clear apps from the multitasking tab when you close them?

I disabled 18 Apps which I don't ever use. I'll look to see which other apps I can disable. I've uninstalled all apps I could. I've also replaced stock apps with better alternatives( for example I use QuickPic for my gallery )
Yes I do clear apps from my multitasking tab at most I have three apps running.
One question for you, How's the gaming on this phone? So far I've only played worms 3 CSR racing and small games like piano tiles.

Upvote 0
I disabled 18 Apps which I don't ever use. I'll look to see which other apps I can disable. I've uninstalled all apps I could. I've also replaced stock apps with better alternatives( for example I use QuickPic for my gallery )
Yes I do clear apps from my multitasking tab at most I have three apps running.
One question for you, How's the gaming on this phone? So far I've only played worms 3 CSR racing and small games like piano tiles.

Pretty good actually. I've been able to play most of the high-end mobile games(Real Racing 3, Asphalt 8 and Maxpayne are on my phone right now) pretty smoothly with the exception of GTA San Andreas and Tainted Keep(of the games I've tried). Those need the low graphic settings to play smoothly. This phone also runs most emulators(PPSSPP, Dratic DS, My Boy, etc.) pretty well too. It's a good device if you're a mobile gamer.

Upvote 0
Pretty good actually. I've been able to play most of the high-end mobile games(Real Racing 3, Asphalt 8 and Maxpayne are on my phone right now) pretty smoothly with the exception of GTA San Andreas and Tainted Keep(of the games I've tried). Those need the low graphic settings to play smoothly. This phone also runs most emulators(PPSSPP, Dratic DS, My Boy, etc.) pretty well too. It's a good device if you're a mobile gamer.
Disabled more apps and uninstalled more apps so I have more RAM available. I don't really use this phone for gaming but if it's smooth with the games you listed I might get more games [emoji1]
Also judging by your name have you seen the LG Optimus L60 I've been looking into that phone but I need to ask questions to someone who owns that phone

Upvote 0
Okay now my device is coming up as not recognized. I'm using windows 7. When I connect the USB cable I am getting a message that says "one of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it...." I have had the phone less than a month why has it suddenly stopped connecting to my PC?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones