• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help S Voice and Blueant Q3 problem

marky504

Lurker
Apr 19, 2013
Had orig. posted in he Lounge - but think my questions were better suited here.

New here, and have to say - this is a great resource.

Here is a problem I've sent to the relevant parties concerning a problem with S Voice (Android 4.1.2) and Blueant Q3 BT. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

April 19, 2013
To:
Bell Mobility, Canada
Samsung Support, Canada
Blueant Support, US

Dear Sir/Madame,
Firstly, here are the specs;
Phone - Galaxy Rugby LTE SGH-1547C
Android Ver. - 4.1.2.
Bluetooth - Blueant Q3 Premium Ear Piece Q3-BK-USEN-US
Service Provider - Bell Mobility, Canada

I am writing to each of your offices as I am not certain whose responsibility this matter might fall under. I should note that I normally don

The Q3 is a heap of junk. I have issues with the power switch. The Q3 will not turn off even after flicking the power switch. all buttons become unresponsive regardless of switch position, but I can still use the earpiece if calls and volume are controlled from the phone.. The problem is sporadic and seems to happen more so when the battery is low.
Plugging into the charger for one second fixes the issue, but the Q3 will re-fault in anywhere from 1 to 8 hours time.

I'm on My 3rd Blueant Q3 and they all behave the same way. The previous two were sent back under warranty, the last replacement was supposed to have been sent but I never received it, so I had to shell out another 100 bucks for another one that has the same old problem. (silly me)
I'm using a Galaxy Note 2 but also get the same issue on my daughter's S4 and My wife's S5.

A colleague has a iphone 4s and reports similar issues.
Blueant don't have a solution yet, other than to keep on sending replacements, all with the same firmware glitch (even with the most recent Firmware) It behaves the same way with Blueant Q3 firmware 1.41 for iphone and 1.42 for android.

Common Blueant, please release an updated firmware to fix this issue. I'm sure there are many other people with the same issue! Word will quickly spread if your product quality begins to slip. Please don't disappoint me.

If anybody is considering buying the Q3, DON'T buy one until blueant fix the problem.

Blueant, It has been months and I am still waiting for the last replacement to be received. it seems to have been forgotten about. There needs to be some resolution to this, but so far....... i think it has been tossed in the too had basket.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones