• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime bricked without usb debugging.

Rayz Mond

Jul 7, 2016
Hey guys. I currently have a Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime running android 5.0+. i believe it was 5.1.1 but I'm not certain. Anyways, I was attempting to play a game that needed my location, but it was saying it couldn't see my location, even though it was turned on. So i was going through settings and i stumbled across this thing called KNOX total protection or something. I turned it on thinking it was another antivirus, but when my Phone restarted, it didn't go passed the boot screen. I am able to boot into both recovery mode and download mode. When i cleared the partition cache and wiped all data, i restarted the phone, and still no luck. I decided to try to use odin to install an os that way. I'm not real savvy with android, so I would rely on you tube, but theres a problem. I didn't enable USB debugging. So now the computer doesn't see the phone when it's plugged in. I tried installing an update from my external micro sd, but it gave me an error, and the fixes I've tried haven't worked. I am not rooted, so I aam unsure what caused the brick, except 2 apk files I downloaded because the play store was being dumb. Other than that I am Flabbergasted. It's been 5 hours and no luck. So if anyone knows of a solution please share ASAP. I've read forum after forum, and watched video after video, and I cant seem to get this to work..
P.S. is there a way to enable USB debugging through recovery mode? It's the default one and not a custom one, but just curious. Or like a Gparted for phones.. If i could just nuke the entire partition on the phone and start over, that could work. But again, Im not familiar with Samsung phones. I've had this phone for 7 weeks, and I dont have the money to buy a new phone, as the one I have is a privilege and i have strict parents.

Thank for the quick reply. The model number is SM-G530T1. I must be doing something wrong then. My computer doesn't recognize the phone, like it doesn't register that it's plugged in. With and without Odin. I don't believe it's a faulty cable because I tried a few, and when turned off, the phone powers on and shows a charging battery. However from wat I understand, you do need usb debugging enabled. And no I don't have the drivers. I thought you downloaded them through ODIN once it recognized the phone. However, I am unsure what drivers to install.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
New issue. Blue screen with exclamatioin mark says: An error has occured while updating the device software. Use the emergency recovery function in the Smart Switch PC software.
I dont have the serial number. It doesn't appear to be on the back of the phone, I cant get to settings to find it, and I bought it from a friend, so I dont have the box..

Upvote 0
New issue. Blue screen with exclamatioin mark says: An error has occured while updating the device software. Use the emergency recovery function in the Smart Switch PC software.
I dont have the serial number. It doesn't appear to be on the back of the phone, I cant get to settings to find it, and I bought it from a friend, so I dont have the box..

Pull the battery, replace it and see if it will boot into download mode again

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones