• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy S5 G900P

goforit1

Lurker
Jul 1, 2017
Desperately need help from the experts. Great phone works well here in UK and abroad. However, when abroad I can roam, make calls send texts but internet access/data does not function. Any ideas as to what maybe causing it? Here are some details:
Android version 5.0
Basedband version G900PVPU3BOG1
Kernel version 3.4.0-4781399 dpi@SWHD4420 # 1 thurs Jul 30 15:34:16 KST 2015
Build No. DONGCHAO.A519
Hardware version G900P.04
thanks for any help.

You do not mention which countries or networks that you are attempting to use your phone on.

The Galaxy S5 model G900P is a CDMA model. Only 2 countries in the world still now, partially, run CDMA networks... China and Verizon/Sprint/US Cellular in the USA. Thus making it one of the least compatible phones to use outside of these networks/areas. For instance, 4G/LTE on this model, although it is on GSM, will not work on most global networks. Perhaps if you change to 2G/3G in Settings, you may have more luck on the slower 3G networks. See, also...

CDMA vs. GSM: What's the Difference?

Will My Phone Work?

Also, you may want to check with your carrier as regards their firmware's data settings for roaming outside the U.S.

Last edited:
Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
Thank you so much for the replies and information.
I'm based in the UK and phone works perfectly on the 3 network. My experiences of no internet and data connectivity have occured in Portugal and Ireland.
Judging from the information on the link Will My Phone Work? I suspect that if I switch the phone to 3G mode then it should resolve the problem when I'm in Portugal and Ireland!? If anyone can confirm my assumption, I will be grateful.
Thank you.
PS. It is strange that it works in the UK in 4G mode without problems!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones