• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Sense 2.0 What do I gain???

flyjbaker

Android Expert
Oct 17, 2009
I am running Miks Z and absolutely love it! I love it because of the speed. It is near instantaneous.

The purpose for this post is to find out what I gain with the new Sense 2.0???

I realize I get home pages in landscape mode....a novelty in my opinion. That is really the only thing I can think of. There is a "Power Saver" in the settings menu. I do not know if this is something provided by (HTC)Sense if it is something provided by the ROM. Either way, that is something that will benefit the casual non-rooted everyday consumer.....rooted folks are way beyond that in looking for ways to save battery. I guess it is convenient.

I am just wondering if I am missing anything? I am not ragging on the new sense or the fine developers that brought it to this phone. Just want to know if there is something I can utilize that I don't know about.

There is a few different things posted on the WarmZ page, and i noticed a few changes in the settings section. I only had it for about an hour. I liked it, but since its not complete, and no 4G, like you said, i figured it was more of a novelty.
Nothing really to gain yet with it, so i went back to what i had before.

Now, MIUI has no 4G either, but i like the features and the themes, so ive been playing with it more. Also, kindof a novelty, but im enjoying it. I dont use 4g a hell of a lot, but if i do happen to need it while tethering or something, i have plenty of 4G functioning sense nandroids i could load up really quick.

I think it just depends what toys you want out of your rom, and if its worth it to have/not have certain little things.

Upvote 0
I am running Miks Z and absolutely love it! I love it because of the speed. It is near instantaneous.

I realize I get home pages in landscape mode....a novelty in my opinion. That is really the only thing I can think of. There is a "Power Saver" in the settings menu. I do not know if this is something provided by (HTC)Sense if it is something provided by the ROM. Either way, that is something that will benefit the casual non-rooted everyday consumer.....rooted folks are way beyond that in looking for ways to save battery. I guess it is convenient.

I am just wondering if I am missing anything? I am not ragging on the new sense or the fine developers that brought it to this phone. Just want to know if there is something I can utilize that I don't know about.

I kind of put this with Gingerbread roms right now, what's to gain by being on a GB rom. 2 official phones have GB. Or what's the benefit of flashing MikZ or WarmZ?

I do enjoy having the option to flash though, without the developers none of it is possible:D

Upvote 0

It should work with the new site htcsense.com, works in landscape w/o having to use a different launcher, and it's a bit more polished. There are probably more features I'm forgetting or not aware of at this point :p.

Upvote 0
It should work with the new site htcsense.com, works in landscape w/o having to use a different launcher, and it's a bit more polished. There are probably more features I'm forgetting or not aware of at this point :p.

I felt the landscape home screens was very UN-polished feeling. I mean its quick, but that is bad in my opinion. Its just too quick for me, holding the phone while walking and using with one hand the screen flips all over the place. I felt its was very annoying. maybe if there is a setting to turn it off or slow down its reaction.

sense 2.0, well it remembers all the apps you have downloaded and auto syncs them to your phone. this was good and bad for me, I liked it but it also downloaded a bunch of stuff I don't use anymore. also you can switch themes pretty easy, I thought that was pretty cool.

yeah for me the flippy home screen, no 4g, voicemail text messages and a lot errors when trying to send text messages I was done with the rom within a few hours.

Upvote 0
sense 2.0, well it remembers all the apps you have downloaded and auto syncs them to your phone. this was good and bad for me, I liked it but it also downloaded a bunch of stuff I don't use anymore. also you can switch themes pretty easy, I thought that was pretty cool.

yeah for me the flippy home screen, no 4g, voicemail text messages and a lot errors when trying to send text messages I was done with the rom within a few hours.

Drew....how does it remember the apps and where do you find them/how do you restore them???

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones