• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sense restarting?

The update to spare parts didn't set the process manager to aggressive on my phone. But, I did enable it to see how it effects the phone and it does kill off sense after using another app for a little bit of time. Definitely aggressive, now they just need to figure out how to find the hidden ignore function of the built in android process manager.

i like this little app, oddly enough rooting the phone will unlock more "hidden" options

=-)

Upvote 0
Im no task killer fan-boy, BUT, i have had several apps open at the same time and seen my phone lag. One press of the button and voila, speed back to normal. As i said I rarely use it, but once in awhile i find it helpful. For normal use, yes, android os keeps things under control. Sorry this post got sidetracked. I'm finished!

popcorn.gif

Upvote 0
I had not been having any lag problems or anything with my phone and always thought that people were crazy with their "lag talk" and just recently this started happening to me as well...
I don't even have Spare Parts, but I do have a task killer, but I never use it due to the ongoing debate here....
I get a reset also...HTC screen, reloading of everything (all home screens)...
I haven't done the 2.1 ROM yet, but I think I'm going to...
Also, I found this post using the search function rather than starting a new thread!! Just thought I'd give myself kudos...*laughz*
=)

Upvote 0
I had not been having any lag problems or anything with my phone and always thought that people were crazy with their "lag talk" and just recently this started happening to me as well...
I don't even have Spare Parts, but I do have a task killer, but I never use it due to the ongoing debate here....
I get a reset also...HTC screen, reloading of everything (all home screens)...
I haven't done the 2.1 ROM yet, but I think I'm going to...
Also, I found this post using the search function rather than starting a new thread!! Just thought I'd give myself kudos...*laughz*
=)

I'll give you kudos too. :D

Have you installed any new apps recently or updated any? That can usually be the cause of Sense crashing if you aren't using a task killer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones