• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I would uninstall swype and the swype installer then try to reinstall. Also it looks like you deleted the stock keyboard for your phone.
I just downloaded what was emailed to me, which is the installer, and when I run that, it comes up with the message to disable swype to register. I don't see swype as even being installed in apps, just the installer.

Upvote 0
You may how to do a factory reset in order to get that swype version off. Have you tried an app called quick uninstaller to see if it can remove it. Also, is it possible that at one time you installed it as a system file if you're rooted?
I haven't tried quick uninstaller as it doesn't even show it being installed, and it's not rooted and this is my first time trying the beta.

Nm, it was listed under "all apps" under manage applications, but i "cleared data"

I guess Ill wipe the phone later, I don't really want too, but I may have too

Upvote 0
I don't think the EVO came with it. That is odd then if you're not rooted and it is somehow in the system/apps. Maybe post in the EVO section for help.

Correct. This is for Motorola DROIDs, not HTC phones. As such, any advice you find in here is probably not going to be applicable to your phone as they are very different phones.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones