• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root SyndicateROM Frozen

No, that would be more of a kernal thing, not a ROM thing. Bonsai uses (I believe) a different kernal.

However, if this was the first time you flashed a ROM, especially your first EXT4 ROM, then the majority of people have problems their first flash, regardless of what ROM they're on.

So you may have flashed SRF, boot looped, then flashed Bonsai and it was fine. However, had you flashed SRF again, I bet it would've worked out. If you're up for it, try flashing SRF again and see what happens.

I am having the same problem but i have wiped and flashed the rom several times. i have tried both standard and fully loaded with both kernals. everytime the phone works for about 20 minutes and then freezes. only way to turn it off is to pull the battery. when i reboot it gets stuck in an endless boot loop. i have donbe everything correctly so i am inclined to believe it is in fact something with either the kernal or the rom.

Upvote 0
I am having the same problem but i have wiped and flashed the rom several times. i have tried both standard and fully loaded with both kernals. everytime the phone works for about 20 minutes and then freezes. only way to turn it off is to pull the battery. when i reboot it gets stuck in an endless boot loop. i have donbe everything correctly so i am inclined to believe it is in fact something with either the kernal or the rom.

sounds like data corruption, best bet is to enable journaling
1) wipe cache/data/dalvik
2)flash the rom
3)make a nandroid backup of it
4) restore the nandroid backup

it should enable journalling and hopefully stop all this pesky data issues :D

Upvote 0
2)flash the rom

Fact.

Also, if you flash it and it loops, then don't wipe the data before you flash it for a second time.

I know it might be a bit of a pain the first time to get it up and running, but I don't think you'll be sorry when you get it going.

Upvote 0
2)flash the rom

Quick question. Starting at Step 3, are you doing this before rebooting system? Flash rom, and while still in CWM do the backup and restore, then reboot? Or reboot system, then reboot into clockwork and do #3-4?

I assumed you meant to do it while still in CWM, so that is how I did it.

Upvote 0
Ok, I have a few questions.

While using the SetCPU I have it set to ondemand. I have max set to 1000 and min set to 200. I have the widget running with polling. It will drop to 100mhz while the phone is at idle. Is this not adjustable? Or am I on the wrong setting?

And what exactley is the black screen? mine some times will go black when closing a program or game I have been using for 5+ min. Then sometimes it force closes the launcher.

And I might be crazy but when I use a theme it seems to be more unstable.

Upvote 0
Ok, I have a few questions.

While using the SetCPU I have it set to ondemand. I have max set to 1000 and min set to 200. I have the widget running with polling. It will drop to 100mhz while the phone is at idle. Is this not adjustable? Or am I on the wrong setting?

And what exactley is the black screen? mine some times will go black when closing a program or game I have been using for 5+ min. Then sometimes it force closes the launcher.

And I might be crazy but when I use a theme it seems to be more unstable.

With SetCPUs on demand setting it will drop below your min no matter what you have selected. If you don't want it to drop below your 200 mark then use the conservative setting and it wont :)
Not sure on the black screen issue? My SPB Shell 3D sometimes FCs but thats just SPB being picky...it doesnt like 3rd party widgets lol. But the black screen that we get might be related to the on demand setting dropping it down to 100 as I hear all the time that mostly everyones Epic hates that :p
So try conservative and see if that works out?

Upvote 0
So with the ACS team working with Gingerbread, what is the future for this ROM?

Nothing more, abandoned for the next version (as was the Eclair one), assuming they can get the EXT4 format supported?

Gingerbread will be rolled out into the next version of the SyndicateROM Frozen (i.e. 2.0.0?)?

ACS will release 1.1.1 which will be EC05-based. It's probably about 99% done, but their lead dev has been sans phone for prolly three weeks now, if not more. He needs to run some tests and such on his own device to ensure all is well before dropping it to everyone. After that, I'm sure they'll wait for the official GB release from SamSprint. Once they have that, they'll release a GB-based ROM which will be a whole new ROM all together.

If there is too big of a gap between the official release of gingerbread (they won't release a full ROM on a leak), then they might update EC05 one more time, but I wouldn't count on it. They've pretty much nailed it for the most part, and I'm guessing 1.1.1 will be about as good as it gets.

Once 1.1.1 comes out, people will be completely happy with Froyo on Epic. Since they already have GB leaks, I'm guessing there won't be much time between when the official GB release comes out and their first GB-based ROM.

Hope that made sense.

Upvote 0
1.1.1 is gunna rock your socks ;)

Glad to hear it!! I can't wait for it to come out. I'm holding some pretty high standards considering it's probably been put through the fricking grinder in terms of testing. I would expect it to be relatively bulletproof, but as we know with Android and tech in general, that's not quite feasible.

I'm guessing it'll drop, a few quirks/errors will be found, quickly fixed then...........silence until they get their hands on the official GB release, then on to the next ROM and a new thread at XDA (Praise Jesus).

Upvote 0
actaully we have been working with koush and drockstar to try and get this new cwm stable and running, but we ran into a few snags, namely one of our kernel devs hasnt had the time, and with k0 without a device its left him (besides upset) trying to test things and wait for other users to let him know whats working and what isnt

Upvote 0
I have a question. I recently flashed SyndicateROM frozen, and when I reinstalled all my apps from my sd card, I can't get launcher pro plus to work. I purchased the unlocker from the market and have it on my phone, but it won't unlock the plus features of LP. Any solution?

Your best bet is to not reinstall apps from your SD Card. Just download them again from the Market.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones