• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root SyndicateROM Frozen

I think 1.0.2 set it to overclock, but don't hold me to that. I haven't flashed it yet.

I believe 1.0.0 was set at 1.2ghz, 1.0.1 was set to 1.0ghz, and I believe 1.0.2 is set at 1.0ghz as well, but I'm not 100% sure on that, even though I have it.

I had installed SetCPU when on 1.0.1 so when moving to 1.0.2, it just keep the same settings.

Upvote 0
I believe 1.0.0 was set at 1.2ghz, 1.0.1 was set to 1.0ghz, and I believe 1.0.2 is set at 1.0ghz as well, but I'm not 100% sure on that, even though I have it.

I had installed SetCPU when on 1.0.1 so when moving to 1.0.2, it just keep the same settings.

This is going to based on the kernel versus the ROM... Here is the change log from the Twilight Kernel formum on XDA. Although Syndicate 1.0.2 is showing v1.0.4 of the Twilight kernel, the forum isn't showing anything past v1.0.3...

v1.0:
  • 1.2ghz Overclocked and Undervolted
v1.0.3:
  • Now boots with the conservative governor at 800mhz
  • Automatically switches to 1ghz with the ondemand governor once booted

Upvote 0
[ROM][ACS] SyndicateROM Frozen 1.1.0 (Takiya) :: EC05/1.3ghz/NoCheckboarding :: 3/27 - xda-developers

ACS has dropped the EC05 version of SyndicateROM Frozen.

Here is a copy of the changelog...

Changelog

Version 1.1.0 - Takiya - Support posts start here
  • all the goodness added up to this point
  • based on EC05
  • removed low battery killers in camera, music, video players
  • added Flash Player 10.2
  • added Adobe Reader
  • added modified CM6 browser (window limit gone, Incognito Mode available, no checkerboarding)
  • added TWS display fix
  • modified calendar widget
  • added AppWidgetPicker
  • all apps up to date
  • updated to Twilight Zone 1.1.0
  • (kernel) back to basics with fresh EC05 source and codesourcery 2009q3 toolchain
  • (kernel) Voodoo Sound 6
  • (kernel) 1.3ghz new top speed
  • (kernel) 600mhz step added for smoother scaling at stock frequencies
  • (kernel) conservative governor is fixed. (On Demand is still default)
  • (kernel) adjustable hardware keyboard patch
  • (kernel) tun.ko added to modules for VPN support
  • (kernel) framerate cap raised to 72fps
  • (kernel) DVSINT1 raised to 1.125v for higher clocks and better stability
  • (kernel) sports mode back and working for the camera
  • (kernel) sysfs interface for scaling_available_frequencies

Upvote 0
Yup, I saw this too. As of shortly before this posting, they pulled the journaled versions of the ROMs as people weren't able to get them working. I'm sure it won't be long until they do, but for those who want something a bit more stable (and it's not generally stable, just if your phone shutsoff improperly, you won't have to reflash it) you'll want to wait a bit.

I'm planning on jumping over sometime this evening or in the next few days after they get the kinks worked out.

Upvote 0
First I want to thank all that made this ROM possible. Since flashing it, I've never been happier... until this morning. I put my Epic on the charger last night before bed and got up and the phone had shut itself down... no biggie.

So I booted it back up and was greeted by a red exclamation point in my notification bar. I slid the bar down and saw 'unexpected error - please click here to hep us fix this problem' or something along those lines... so I clicked and almost immediately the exclamation popped back up... weird.

So then came the process of figuring out the issue. All my apps loaded just fine until I got to GoSMS. It wouldn't launch. Neither would the stock messaging app (force closed over and over again). I did everything I thought possible to resolve it. Uninstall/Reinstall... Reboot etc. Nothing. So I was forced to do the death grip and wipe the data.

Everythings working fine now and im almost done setting the phone back up the way I had it, but my question is... Has anybody else had this issue? The reason i'm asking is because I want to know what to do if it happens again.

BTW, Im running the EB13 version. I did searches on both Google and AndroidForums and came up with nothing useful so I figured I might as well make a post about it.

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Shabbypenguin
Upvote 0
So if you're running the EB13 version, is it 1.0 or 1.0.1 or 1.0.2? I never ran 1.0, but have run both the other versions, haven't jumped to 1.1 yet, but might tonight.

I haven't heard anyone with this problem, no. I did read of a guy who plugged his phone in at night and woke to it being completely dead...after it had been on a charger the whole night.

He said it looked like it was charging (via the animation and such) but the battery wasn't actually taking a charge. I think it was a freak occurance, but he's insisting it was something with the ROM. Not sure what to think on that one.

Upvote 0
So if you're running the EB13 version, is it 1.0 or 1.0.1 or 1.0.2? I never ran 1.0, but have run both the other versions, haven't jumped to 1.1 yet, but might tonight.

I haven't heard anyone with this problem, no. I did read of a guy who plugged his phone in at night and woke to it being completely dead...after it had been on a charger the whole night.

He said it looked like it was charging (via the animation and such) but the battery wasn't actually taking a charge. I think it was a freak occurance, but he's insisting it was something with the ROM. Not sure what to think on that one.

Thanks for replying. Im not sure if I have this right but when I go to 'About Phone' I see Build Number - Twilight Zone FroZen - 1.0.3. The Zip file on my PC says Syndicatefro101. Hope this helps.

Also, since wiping the phone, wireless tethering no longer works. I did the death grip and installed the fix that I found on SDX for the rom but it still force closes upon loading. I thought about switching to the EC05 Version but I dont really want SprintID on my phone so i'm gonna pass on that.

Upvote 0
Hey guys really glad you like our rom, we got a couple tricks up our sleeve which we are hoping to put out in a new version as well as get some bugs ironed out. we have an irc channel for all users that want to talk to the team or report issues etc (or tell us about how your cat can make a better rom, fair warning tho, this might get you kicked and banned from the room) the url for webchat is

FOSSnet Web IRC (qwebirc)

and if you have a real irc client and want to connect the info is: irc.fossnet.info #acs-users

anyways ill be checkin on yall to let yall know about updates and such

hey seddy if you want tw then i would recommend our fully loaded version ;)

Upvote 0
Thanks for replying. Im not sure if I have this right but when I go to 'About Phone' I see Build Number - Twilight Zone FroZen - 1.0.3. The Zip file on my PC says Syndicatefro101. Hope this helps.

Also, since wiping the phone, wireless tethering no longer works. I did the death grip and installed the fix that I found on SDX for the rom but it still force closes upon loading. I thought about switching to the EC05 Version but I dont really want SprintID on my phone so i'm gonna pass on that.

If you're looking at the Twilight Zone part, that's the kernel they're using. I'm running 1.0.2 still and I see:

"SRF 1.0.2 (Malanga)/Twilight Zone 1.0.4"

I had issues with wireless tether as well, and that fix didn't do anything for me either. After reading, I noticed that in the Wireless Tether settings, you need to set your device to Epic 4G and that's what did the trick for me.

Also, if you're in a 4G area, I think you need to enable the tether, then enable the 4G, not the other way around.

If you update the modem, you can move over to SRF 1.1 and you won't have Sprint ID as 1.1 is based on EC05, instead of EB13 like 1.0-1.0.2 are.

Hope that helps.

Upvote 0
If you're looking at the Twilight Zone part, that's the kernel they're using. I'm running 1.0.2 still and I see:

"SRF 1.0.2 (Malanga)/Twilight Zone 1.0.4"

I had issues with wireless tether as well, and that fix didn't do anything for me either. After reading, I noticed that in the Wireless Tether settings, you need to set your device to Epic 4G and that's what did the trick for me.

Also, if you're in a 4G area, I think you need to enable the tether, then enable the 4G, not the other way around.

If you update the modem, you can move over to SRF 1.1 and you won't have Sprint ID as 1.1 is based on EC05, instead of EB13 like 1.0-1.0.2 are.

Hope that helps.

there is some miscommunication here, sprint id is in the stock rom. we have included touchwiz in our fully loaded version, in our standard version we have used launcher pro (free edition sorry guys :p) to replace sprint id, but we do offer a sprint stock apps.zip that will put everything on there as if its our rom just with all the fixins of stock :D

Upvote 0
Is anyone running Frozen 1.1.0? I took my phone off the charger at around 7:30a.m. and it is now 11:15a.m. and I'm at 88 percent battery. Is that good or bad?

Depends on what you've been doing with your phone. If you've been on it constantly (and by that I mean having the actual screen on) and playing games and such, then I would say that's FANTASTIC.

If it's been idle the whole time and you've only turned it on to check the time, then I would say it's probably about on par with most other people.

Battery all depends on what you do with it. The screen seemingly takes by far the most amount of battery life. Check what your screen-on time is...I've only seen one person ever get over 4 hours of screen-on time. I think most people will get 2.5-3 before they need to charge it back up.

You can use SetCPU to adjust the overclocking and undervolting settings as well, which (I personally believe) will greatly help with battery life as you can make it so your phone is barely doing anything when it's sleeping/idle/screen-off.

Upvote 0
there is some miscommunication here, sprint id is in the stock rom. we have included touchwiz in our fully loaded version, in our standard version we have used launcher pro (free edition sorry guys :p) to replace sprint id, but we do offer a sprint stock apps.zip that will put everything on there as if its our rom just with all the fixins of stock :D

Fair enough, I've always gone with Standard and I guess I make posts assuming others do the same thing.

What's your handle over at XDA?

Upvote 0
Depends on what you've been doing with your phone. If you've been on it constantly (and by that I mean having the actual screen on) and playing games and such, then I would say that's FANTASTIC.

If it's been idle the whole time and you've only turned it on to check the time, then I would say it's probably about on par with most other people.

Battery all depends on what you do with it. The screen seemingly takes by far the most amount of battery life. Check what your screen-on time is...I've only seen one person ever get over 4 hours of screen-on time. I think most people will get 2.5-3 before they need to charge it back up.

You can use SetCPU to adjust the overclocking and undervolting settings as well, which (I personally believe) will greatly help with battery life as you can make it so your phone is barely doing anything when it's sleeping/idle/screen-off.

It was all minimal use, mostly texting. Its 3:30 now and its at 35%. And can you explain to me SetCPU and how it works? Or is there a tutorial? Thanks!

Upvote 0
It was all minimal use, mostly texting. Its 3:30 now and its at 35%. And can you explain to me SetCPU and how it works? Or is there a tutorial? Thanks!

Minimal use would be about normal then, if you ask me. SetCPU is an application you can get which will allow you to overclock and undervolt your processor. If you have it installed, I would suggest setting the governor to "OnDemand" and then having the sliding bars set to 200 (Min) and 1000 (Max). You can go above 1000 if you like, which will make your phone faster, but I keep it there as that's what it was designed to do. With this ROM, it's plenty fast for me.

If you choose to really push the limits, make sure you don't have the "set on boot" option checked. You can also setup profiles which will enable you to adjust even more, like for when the screen is off, when it's plugged in, etc. I haven't messed with those yet, but it would be beneficial.

im wanting to get the latest rom out(syndicateROM frozen) but cant find any place with a good download link.. can someone please help! thanks..

P.S. i rooted it last night and that went great!!

Glad the rooting worked out for you! If you check the very first post (or maybe the second) on the thread over at XDA, I'm sure the links are there. I haven't made the jump to 1.1 yet, but I might sometime tonight, we'll see. Seems more problems are happening with that one, so I may just wait until 1.1.1 or whatever they come up with next.

I do not believe they're having links available for older versions, like 1.0.2 or anything like that. They take those down as soon as a new one comees up.

Oh, I don't think they have the journaling options available yet either, there were quite a few issues with those...quite a few being it wouldn't even load. Loads of sharp guys on that squad though, they'll get it right in short time I'm sure.

Reactions: _Epic
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones