• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Target Discount $40 off Coupon code inside

frankly, I dont know yet. The email says it has been cancelled, the actual online account order indicates no such thing. So, not sure if it was some sort of cover-their-ass move or if the website has just not caught up yet with the real world.

I did send them an email and asked them whats up. no response yet of course.

for me, I assume it has been cancelled BUT I do not want to order online from a lessor online retailer as if I hate the thing, I love the idea of driving to target and returning it. You cant do that with some of these online sellers and some have real limited return policies.

For me, I will be more annoyed if they get it later and we cant use the $40 off coupon at that time. another bonus with them was this $40 off.

I just followed your lead. I checked my order and it still appears to be active and has ship window of 5/20 - 4/7. Like you, I'm not certain if this means that the email generated by Target was one where Target was being proactive or precautionary, or whether it has been canceled and things haven't caught up across all boards yet.

I'm going to call that 800# posted in the follow email I received.

Upvote 0
UPDATE: the orders are apparently NOT cancelled

I'm sorry for any misunderstanding regarding your order #blah-blah and let me explain.

I checked and see that your order wasn't cancelled but unfortunately this Asus Eee Pad transformer android tablet is now backordered, and our supplier hasn't been able to let us know when they’ll be able to send more.

Please keep in mind that the availability and shipping dates on our website are estimates and might change. We do what we can to keep shipments going smoothly, but sometimes unexpected changes to our supply will delay an order.

When this transformer android tablet is back in stock, we'll ship it out to you as soon as we can and we won't charge you for the order until then.

We'll send you an e-mail letting you know when your order is under way.

Upvote 0
I'm gonna let mine ride since it doesnt show cancelled, but if I come across one someplace else sooner i will cancel. My biggest concern was the $40 saving which is basically the sales tax. If they do eventually completely cancel it in the system, I wonder how hard it will be for them to honor the $40 off once they so become available

Upvote 0
I hope you guys' orders don't get canceled, but when I called Target, they told me they were in the process of canceling all the orders because they had no idea when they were going to any in. Gee....how about letting the customers decide if they are willing to wait instead of just blindly canceling everyone. On top of that, they have no provisions for those who got the 10% to get the tablet at the same discounted prices when they do get it in stock.
I was so pissed, I filed a formal complaint. Nothing will come of it, I'm sure, but at least I got to vent.

Upvote 0
yeah, we all got boned. Even after getting the email above I provided saying orders were not cancelled, I got another later in the day that confirms they did cancel it and another follow up email confirms it.. cancelled! I also complained, but we know how that goes.

I kept my emails and plan to hold them to the 10% when it becomes available. I want it, but not bad enough to pay tax and ship and such from Walmart or another company that it would also be a PITA to return if I didnt like it. This is why I want to buy this item from Target.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones