• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The (maybe) "Epic" Motorola X Pre-Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. I saw that. Being that it will be on multiple carriers does not mean Verizon. I no longer think this will be "Nexus like". So even if it is on Verizon, I'm thinking Motorola will do a Google Edition thing and Verizon won't go for that version. I'm not sure how long I can wait for hardware/software facts? Might as well just go with the S4.

I'm going to hope that you are wrong, and that it will be one OS for all Moto X's.

Upvote 0
Yeah. I saw that. Being that it will be on multiple carriers does not mean Verizon. I no longer think this will be "Nexus like". So even if it is on Verizon, I'm thinking Motorola will do a Google Edition thing and Verizon won't go for that version. I'm not sure how long I can wait for hardware/software facts? Might as well just go with the S4.

That's what I was thinking :rolleyes:

I think I'm going to buy my S4 this week :smokingsomb:

Upvote 0
So here's the question.

Now that it's "official" we have a little bit of "official" information about the phone. It has sensors that will tell it where it is and what you're doing, contextual awareness. It will be better at battery consumption, more durable, things consumers worry about. And we know there is a prototype hiding in Dennis Woodside's pocket that as of press date, he's NOT showing off.

Now, over the months leading up to this revelation, speculation and conjecture have been running wild. Everything from octo-core to dual core processors, heck I have heard multiple processors. We have been teased with metal, wood and carbon casings.

Since we now KNOW what we KNOW, can we assume some of the other rumors were true as well? Early on in the process the contextually aware phone that's durable and long lasting was what we expected, along with a form factor not unlike what we have come to expect from Moto in recent offerings. Can we also assume it will be a power house spec wise since that was the initial rumor as well?

What do you guys think?
Personally, I'd like to see the return of the fingerprint scanner, but I know that's a pipe dream. :smokingsomb:

Upvote 0
I'm currently carrying Razr HD and happy with its battery life, build, radio, audio quality. But there are two big letdowns, UI lag and camera. After jelly bean update, the UI lag is just horrendous. So I put Apex launcher, disabled bloats and tweaked animation rate in developer setting to reduce lags, but still it stutters here and there everyday. And its camera is just hopelessly poor compared to HTC, Samsung.

Moto X phone sounds intriguing to me but I am not sure if I will try another Moto if they don't make it at least half good as HTC One, GS4 cameras and fluid UI.

Upvote 0
The name kinda sounds like a motorcross event or videogame.

I'm currently using the DROID RAZR M, and I like it a lot. It has been the one Android phone that has given me the fewest issues and annoyances. So I'm really looking forward to see what Motorola will come up with next.

I will get the version that has the big battery. I am very impressed with how Motorola squeezed in a 3300mAh battery into a relatively thin package of the RAZR HD MAXX. That makes me disappointed in other manufacturers for not making a phone like that with the excuse of trying to keep their phones thin.

I really wanted the HTC ONE based on its looks and the front facing speakers, but I think Moto X will be worth the wait. Moto X will most likely be my next phone.

Upvote 0
Having played with the S4, I really don't see myself waiting for Moto to get its act together. Will likely purchase the Dev Edition when Verizon gets it (though I wish they'd get the GED instead). If Moto released a comparably high-end device to coincide with Samsung & HTC, I'd be way more receptive. I'm just going to give my Bionic one more month of heavy use, then retain it as a backup device.

Upvote 0
I'm intrigued by the Moto X but not really in a hurry to give up my Galaxy Nexus so I'm going to patiently wait. This is the longest I've had a phone without itching for a new one.

I haven't had a Moto device since the Droid X so I'm unaware if the weak ringer volume has been fixed .
I have the RAZR hd, the ring volume is fine but the notification tones are lacking in volume unless you use the Droid one....

Upvote 0
I'm currently carrying Razr HD and happy with its battery life, build, radio, audio quality. But there are two big letdowns, UI lag and camera. After jelly bean update, the UI lag is just horrendous. So I put Apex launcher, disabled bloats and tweaked animation rate in developer setting to reduce lags, but still it stutters here and there everyday. And its camera is just hopelessly poor compared to HTC, Samsung.

Moto X phone sounds intriguing to me but I am not sure if I will try another Moto if they don't make it at least half good as HTC One, GS4 cameras and fluid UI.

Screw that, this thing needs to blow the one and even the s4 out of the water if moto wants to remain one of the big boys.

Upvote 0
Screw that, this thing needs to blow the one and even the s4 out of the water if moto wants to remain one of the big boys.

You mean beating One and GS4 in camera? I hope I'm wrong but I'm not holding breadth on that given their record with phone camera. One and GS4 cameras are even edging out iPhone 5 camera.

Also by the time Moto X comes out, HTC T6, Samsung Note 3, LG G2 will come with even more powerful spec than One, S4. So besides their traditional strong points (build, battery life, radio) and some advanced smart-action features, will Moto X be able to hold up with them to remain competitive in the market?

Upvote 0
You mean beating One and GS4 in camera? I hope I'm wrong but I'm not holding breadth on that given their record with phone camera. One and GS4 cameras are even edging out iPhone 5 camera.

Also by the time Moto X comes out, HTC T6, Samsung Note 3, LG G2 will come with even more powerful spec than One, S4. So besides their traditional strong points (build, battery life, radio) and some advanced smart-action features, will Moto X be able to hold up with them to remain competitive in the market?

God i hope so....I've been a moto guy since the og Droid but I'm growing increasingly jealous of the htc and Samsung phones....this phone needs to compete with them in ALL aspects or i may be jumping ship!

Upvote 0
Hey: look what happened while I stepped out... we got our own forum! :D

But the SPECS on this thing??? Seriously? I am really hoping that those are for a second-tier phone in the X line and not the flagship killer phone that Motorola desperately needs to stay alive. This needs to be the stuff of legend... much like the OG Droid was, much like the Galaxy Nexus was. And the RAZR Max HD, which is admittedly a very capable phone.

I'm serious, Moto, and I know someone there is reading this: make it epic or most of us are skipping it. I already have dual core. Nexus 5 and Note III are around the bend, and Moto has to make this phone awesome.

/rant :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones