• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [THEME] Simple Blue 4.2, Simple Green 4.2 (10/26/11)

What color is the swype icons in system/app. Mine is blue when. I click. It says app can't be installed. Does. That. Matter or is there a different apk file

Do you have titanium backup pro? If you do try

1)Uninstalling swype then downloading the swype beta and installing that
2)Using titanium backup find swype and long press it then do Convert to system app
3)Using root explorer go to system/app rename com.swype.android.inputmethod.apk to Swype.apk
4)Now go to Metamorph follow the instructions in the readme and apply it twice
5)Swype should be disabled right now so go to any text box like search or something and long press it, Press input method, Pick swype

Swype should now be themed and working

Reactions: Rally 517
Upvote 0
I just flashed 2.1.cwm all went fine (killer beans btw) I guess minutes before it was updated to 2.2.cwm just wondering I see in the screenshots the dailer w/transparent backround and w/o it is transparent at the moment on my phone I would like to try it w/black how do I do that and also one last thing I will be flashing 2.2.cwm and am wanting to know b4 I do will I be able to keep the black notification backround in case I don"t like the semi transparent I really want the reboot option you added so it really won"t matter much transparent or not

Upvote 0
I just flashed 2.1.cwm all went fine (killer beans btw) I guess minutes before it was updated to 2.2.cwm just wondering I see in the screenshots the dailer w/transparent backround and w/o it is transparent at the moment on my phone I would like to try it w/black how do I do that and also one last thing I will be flashing 2.2.cwm and am wanting to know b4 I do will I be able to keep the black notification backround in case I don"t like the semi transparent I really want the reboot option you added so it really won"t matter much transparent or not

the black dialer is in the add-ons download, you'll have to manually install it. make sure you wait till after you flash 2.2 or it will be overwrote.

you cant keep the black notification background, if you really hate the semi transparent tho let me know.

Upvote 0
the black dialer is in the add-ons download, you'll have to manually install it. make sure you wait till after you flash 2.2 or it will be overwrote.

you cant keep the black notification background, if you really hate the semi transparent tho let me know.

I was thinking after my post that it might be in the add-ons....Thankz for the quick reply and the theme for that matter ...going to flash 2.2 then install add-ons (don"t think I'll be hating the semi transparent notification background at all) plus the reboot option is going to be a killer addition to a killer theme .....Thankz again

Upvote 0
thought i'd share this. i've been looking at themes. first i put on royal then i decided i'd try simple green. i have the Genix go launcher theme and i think it works really well together. since i installed royal android first, the dialer stuck when i install simple green, and i think it goes great with simple green.........i like green.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones