• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

there is an error on youtube( please check your internet connection) my wifi is connected and work

Good on you for already trying the basics -- restarted your router (I'm assuming that's what you meant by, "restart wifi", restarted your phone, cleared the Youtube app cache, cleared the app's Data -- but that matter where that error message pops up it's been working for a while is very puzzling.

Take your phone and try using the WiFi at a neighbor or friend's home to see if Youtube eventually stops working there too. At least that would indicate there's perhaps an issue with your home network as opposed to the problem being on your phone.

Also, on your S6, take a look at its Settings >> Storage menu. In the Available space section that's showing the amount of still available storage space of its internal memory, what is the amount shown? I'm wondering if there's a caching situation going on. That doesn't match with that initial error message but just curious.

Reactions: lunatic59
Upvote 0
when i use a vpn its connect and when i close vpn that its shows error.it works perfect on vpn. without vpn it is disconnect for sometimes and work after few minutes so what is the problem please guide me. youtube is not ban in my country and there is no issue of wifo on my brother mobile . so please guide me i am waiting

Upvote 0
Just so you get a better picture of what happens when your phone is accessing Youtube, it's essentially just a matter of your phone is connecting to some online server. Looking at from your point of view, it's a basic network -- two devices transferring data between each other over a network. From a more detailed point of view, what's actually going on is one of Google's online Youtube servers is sending data down a very twisted series of servers (in different locations and different countries) and cables (some buried in the ground, some lying on the bottom of an ocean) that end up going to one of the online servers run by your ISP (Internet Service Provider), and eventually arriving to your smartphone. People often gripe and whine about lags and problems with their Internet connection but they fail to realize it's really a miracle it works as well as it does. But getting to the matter of using a VPN, in that case you're bypassing the direct connection your ISP has in place, and instead you're indirectly and intentionally using an alternate networking path to those same Youtube servers. With a VPN you'll often hear the term 'tunneling' as that is what you're doing, the 'tunnel' is that alternate network path.
When you're using your VPN service, your smartphone is still connecting to Google's Youtube servers, but simply using a different networking path to do so. The issue you're probably experiencing is some issue with your ISP -- you can access Youtube via your VPN, you cannot access Youtube via just your ISP. Since your brother's WiFi isn't having this problem, is he using the same ISP as you?

Reactions: lunatic59
Upvote 0
Well if you can access Youtube using your brother's home WiFi network without going through a VPN than that would indicate a problem with your home network. What kind of router do you have at home? If it has the ability to set up a guest network try setting one up, using just its default settings. Add that guest network to your phone and (without using your VPN service of course) see if you can access Youtube again.

Upvote 0
OK, that does clarify a lot of things. Sounds like the problem is indeed centered on your phone but it doesn't eliminate a router issue.
-- Please confirm that your brother's phone can access Youtube without using a VPN
-- What model phone does your brother have? Different phone models, especially from different manufacturers, often include different utilities to manage network connectivity.
-- I'd still recommend setting up a guest network in your router to see if that allows your phone to access Youtube without a VPN.
-- If you have any kind of anti-virus/anti-malware utility installed on your phone, try disabling its features, restart your phone, and see if it works out better that way.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones