• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unknown Trackers scan option A32-4G Android 13

Mingy

Lurker
Aug 15, 2023
Good day, I have 2 x A32 4G in the family, both same version software. The one has the option available under settings> Safety & Emergency > Unknown Tracker alerts.

The other phone does not have this option “unknown Tracker alerts” .

How is this possible with the same model phone and same software version?

How can I get it to display this option so I can do a manual scan for unknown trackers?

Thanks

When you say "same software version" what exactly do you mean: same Android or One UI version, or both have the same most recent update? This feature is only a couple of months old, so most likely was only added in a recent update. If one person is better at applying updates than another then that could explain it. Maybe check for software updates on both phones and install any that are waiting.

I'm assuming that both are unlocked models or both are with the same carrier. If they have carrier software and are on different carriers it's also possible that one would receive an update sooner than the other.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones