• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Verizon] Need help with signal

Garrett67

Jun 11, 2010
EDIT: I'm on Verizon but I'm sure the process is the same.

I have a question/problem.

My signal is garbage at home AND at work. I use wifi at home to play with the phone but actual 3G signal is bad. I am lucky to get 2 bars but its generally 1 with speed tests of about 80kbps.

I don't have WIFI at work, and get no signal at all.

I still have a week to return the phone but I'd like to keep it if I can get a better signal.

I can follow directions, if someone can point me in the right direction in terms of updating the radio (and which is the best).
Also, if it doesn't help, can I restore it in order to return the phone (if that is what I decide to do) ?

I rooted my Droid X but that was always an app that was one click . So, I am not experienced with all of the terms and such associated with Flashing, ROMS.. etc.

Thanks

I moved your post into it's own thread in the GS3 VZW All Things Root forum. The reason is because if you try to flash Sprint radios onto a Verizon phone, you may end up bricking it. Hopefully the guys around here can point you out to any updated radios that have been released since the GS3 was released on Verizon.

And the process may not be the same until the bootloader is unlocked or is worked around. I'm not sure if it has, yet.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones