• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What's your favorite MLB team?

The only consolation I have for my 101 loss Cubbies is giving Theo Epstein 2 more years to rebuild.

We have been rebuiliding for over a hundred years, whats 2 more?

At least you have a guy who knows what he's doing in the front office during the rebuild lol

Congrats to the Yankees, AL East champions!

Got my tickets ready for Wednesday's game at home. Psyched! (I have ALCS tickets too - if they make it)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Man, Orioles beat the Rangers and Cardinals beat the Braves. I was predicting exactly the opposite for both games! Crazy night of baseball.

I was really hoping the Rangers would pull this one out, but it looks like we're headed to Baltimore. Yanks win in 4. O's don't have the experience to hang with the big boys.

Upvote 0
Ughhh.. my boy Andy pitched his heart out and of course - we just can't get the timely hits. Shit is pathetic.

In any event, back to NY we go. Yanks in 4.
Still agreed. That one is all the Birds are going to get. They thought Baltimore was noisy? They haven't seen anything yet compared to Yankee Stadium in the postseason. They haven't been to the playoffs in so long, they won't know what hit them.

Reactions: NYCHitman1
Upvote 0
Still agreed. That one is all the Birds are going to get. They thought Baltimore was noisy? They haven't seen anything yet compared to Yankee Stadium in the postseason. They haven't been to the playoffs in so long, they won't know what hit them.

Buck Showalter can go kick some rocks. Hate that dbag. lol

Upvote 0
So glad Girardi pinch hit A-Rod last night. He sucks, and it's extremely difficult to root for him. Waste of $29M/yr.

RAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUULLLLLLL!

Just heard about last night's loss. That has to hurt

What a comeback by the cardiac Cards. Never gave up, reminds me of a year ago. Bring on the Giants!

Go Giants! :p

Upvote 0
For you Yankee fans, Jeter's injury sucks. Really, I'm not being sarcastic. I heard something on the radio but I'm not sure if its true. This is the first time since 1981 that neither Jeter or Mariano Reverez have been in the Yankees postseason lineup.:eek:

First time since 1995 neither has been in a postseason lineup. Jeter's first game was in May 95. Mariano really didn't get his chance to shine until Wetteland was gone, which was after the 95 season.

In any event, Jeter's injury was a HUGE blow to the team's morale. He may be the shortstop of the Yankees, but he means much more to the team (and the fans) than just playing an infield position. It really really sucks.

As for tonight's game - we got frickin shafted by serious poor calls by the umps. I couldn't believe my eyes when the ump called Infante safe on Cano's tag.

Upvote 0
First time since 1995 neither has been in a postseason lineup. Jeter's first game was in May 95. Mariano really didn't get his chance to shine until Wetteland was gone, which was after the 95 season.

In any event, Jeter's injury was a HUGE blow to the team's morale. He may be the shortstop of the Yankees, but he means much more to the team (and the fans) than just playing an infield position. It really really sucks.

As for tonight's game - we got frickin shafted by serious poor calls by the umps. I couldn't believe my eyes when the ump called Infante safe on Cano's tag.

Is it just me or has the strike zone as a whole been *dynamic*. Every game I have watched the strike zone isn't consistent.

Some of the calls have really left me scratching my head

Upvote 0
Is it just me or has the strike zone as a whole been *dynamic*. Every game I have watched the strike zone isn't consistent.

Some of the calls have really left me scratching my head

These blues have got to get their eyes checked. I saw the ump during the ALDS vs Baltimore call a strike on a pitch in the opposite batters box. I couldn't believe it, he then proceeded to call a ball at a pitch at shin/knee level. I don't believe that baseball should be run by instant replay, but good grief - moments like those make me want it.

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0
Can you believe how far the Orioles went this year?!?! Where did that come from? I am actually looking forward to next year. How awesome would it be fore Baltimore to have a competitive baseball team. This is a sports town, I never understood why Mr. Angelos never saw the need to build a competitive team. His profits would soar if he would increase his payroll. Maybe he will see that now and keep it going. We would all rather see him sell the team to someone else who wants to keep the team in Baltimore and keep it competitive.

Upvote 0
Can you believe how far the Orioles went this year?!?! Where did that come from? I am actually looking forward to next year. How awesome would it be fore Baltimore to have a competitive baseball team. This is a sports town, I never understood why Mr. Angelos never saw the need to build a competitive team. His profits would soar if he would increase his payroll. Maybe he will see that now and keep it going. We would all rather see him sell the team to someone else who wants to keep the team in Baltimore and keep it competitive.

I think he's seen how competitive the team has become without investing anything too large. Personally, anything over 5 years for a player is too much in this day and age. These stupid 10 year contract should never exist.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones