• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Where did the OEM Messaging App Go? (Verizon)

When the Verizon Messaging app came out, the one that syncs between all devices and computer, I downloaded that app and stopped using the original app that came with the phone but I did not uninstall it. I also don't remember disabling the app; however, even if I have, it shouldn't disappear from the Apps list shown in the Settings, right?

Anyway, I can't find the app anywhere and can't find it at the app store either. I'm hating the Verizon Messages app right now. I know there are other apps I can use but was just wondering what happened to that app.

Anyway, I can't find the app anywhere and can't find it at the app store either. I'm hating the Verizon Messages app right now. I know there are other apps I can use but was just wondering what happened to that app.

Why are you hating Verizon Messages, if I may ask.

Currently using Google Voice because I only have 250 texts per month, but, I have unlimited data.

If I change to HTC One tomorrow, then I'll have unlimited voice and Texts, but, probably a 2Gb Data cap.

So, looking at changing to "Verizon Messages" or MightyText, or some other app, if I can figure out which is best??

Upvote 0
I've had some usability issues with Verizon Messages. For example, when I go into my Contacts and select a group I want to select numbers from, the selections don't transfer over to the VZW app. Also, when sending a message fails, I'd have to resend the message separately and manually delete the failed message. There are a couple of annoying issues that I can't remember at the moment.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones